Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone to Outlook sync to new group

• 28-11-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me with this. It's driving me mad :p

I got an iPhone this week and backed up contacts from my old Nokia phone to Outlook. Then synced to the iPhone. All works great.

However I forgot that my contacts contained tons of old ones and stuff I don't want. So I went about manually removing/editing these. All grand.

Now I want to sync my iPhone contacts to a new Outlook contact group. So I created one called "iPhone" in Outlook. It is of course empty. Now I want to sync all these contacts back to that group. So under Info in iTunes, under Contacts, I ticked to sync with a selected group - i.e. the "iPhone" group I created in Outlook. There is an option that I've also ticked "Put new contacts created on this iPhone into the group : iPhone".

When I click sync I get the following message:

sync.jpg

Which makes me worried. If I click allow will it delete every contact from my iPhone? Or what? I really don't want to have to enter them again :confused:

Any help appreciated :pac:

Advertisement