Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband v 02 broadband?

Options
  • 28-11-2008 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Ive had 02 broadband for a while now and am very happy with it. Can get speeds of around 140kbs when its going good. However just got a call from eircom broadband saying its now available in my area.

So just wondering whats eircoms bb like regarding the 1mb offer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

joe123 wrote: »
    Ive had 02 broadband for a while now and am very happy with it. Can get speeds of around 140kbs when its going good. However just got a call from eircom broadband saying its now available in my area.

So just wondering whats eircoms bb like regarding the 1mb offer?

lower pings on dsl meaning faster responce times so pages will load quicker..

"non" implemented cap

No drops

More reliable

its FIXED

p.s these advantages depend alot on the quality of your phoneline but i would favour DSL over mobile broadband anyday.. even if it is €ircon:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

No comparison really, as long as your line is decent Eircom should be much better than O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I use the two of these, depending on where I am. If you can get Eircon's broadband at all, go for it. There is a massive difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 paul66

Firetrap wrote: »
    I use the two of these, depending on where I am. If you can get Eircon's broadband at all, go for it. There is a massive difference.

Is this area, exchange, line or location dependent ? I always thought that eircom were the same as o2 and that it was just difference between wholesaler and reseller ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

No, they're very different. Eircom's fixed line DSL. The OP's been told he can now get broadband that way so he can go with Eircom or, presumably, some of the other resellers like BT or Perlico.

O2 just do a mobile internet service which is effectively a mobile phone signal. It's grand if you can't get broadband any other way or if you're not in a position to get a landline into your house. It's not broadband by a long shot though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement