Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a TV in Cork?

Options
  • 28-11-2008 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

We used to rent a TV many years back.

I want to get a full HD TV and a PS3 for xmas but cannot have both(money)

So like I wanna get the ps3 now and rent a tv for a month or 2 till I can afford one...

Anyone know where in Cork they rent TV's?
    Do they do good tvs? like full hd 50" type yokes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

you could use maddens or some such place. Basically you get the TV, they hook a box up to it, you put €2 in the box for 4 hours of TV time. He comes once a month to empty the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I never knew they did that ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

you could use maddens or some such place. Basically you get the TV, they hook a box up to it, you put €2 in the box for 4 hours of TV time. He comes once a month to empty the box.

That is the stupidest system i've ever heard of, monthly fee is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I'd be broke if I used that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Why dont you just buy a second hand one?

Moved into a new place last year with no TV. Contacted a local store who sell tvs etc and they also take in old ones. I got a perfectly working 27 inch TV with remote for €40.00....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Loads of second hand tvs on adverts actually..(here) I was looking for one recently for exactly the same reason. I wanted to hook up my Wii but didnt have any TV so thought I would buy one second hand. In the end I didnt and decided to just hook it up to a monitor instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Just rent by the month from Maddens. That €2 box thing I heard of before and is just a pain in the ass. Just go direct debit from bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

craichoe wrote: »
    That is the stupidest system i've ever heard of, monthly fee is much better.

My ma uses that, which basically means we are avoiding yer man all the time because we don't wanna see him.

Advertisement