Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commenting on pics - enough is enough

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ellscurr wrote: »
    Not at all. How do compliments to a woman put her in the role of an ornament? Something deemed a compliment is usually positive....what else are they gonna say to women they've never met? "Wow I bet you have a great opinion on climate change"? Come on.

Well, I was too shy to bring it up, but now that you've mentioned it-what's your opinion of climate change???
    Also, there was photoshopping of pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Yeah, i didn't know that either!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Dragan wrote: »
    Yeah, i didn't know that either!!!

There was, but funnily enough it wasn't reported. I saw the photoshop picture, took it down and took the appropriate course of action with the poster of the photos.

Now, when something like that happens and it's still not reported, can you see where the confusion lies for the Mods?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Well, I was too shy to bring it up, but now that you've mentioned it-what's your opinion of climate change???

It was a drunken escapade. He was most apologetic as I recall and the mods dealt with it right away. I didn't report it as they were whipped down within minutes (while I was deciding whether to report it or not).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Shellyboo,

I think you're getting carried away at this point and exaggerating a small issue. I've already aired my views on a few new posters who've posted in the thread in the last few weeks however the way you're trying to construct your argument comes across as making it seem like every guy who views and posts in the thread is only doing so to leer, rate, rank and try to score them. Your current viewpoint is offensive to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Dragan wrote: »
    Did you check the mens thread?

Did she check the "Who makes you drool? Male form appreciation thread"?

She'd have found the fiollowing quote:
    Can I have a go on your older brother's friend then? Yum.

Let's all guess by whom.

Consistency much?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

sorry shellyboo but to me at this point you are starting to sound jealous and bitter cos no-one made a comment on your photo (actually i dont even know if you have a photo up or not), but get where i am coming from

seriously girl, take a few deep breaths and walk away from the computer, today it is not your friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Let's all guess by whom.

Consistency much?

Excellent Detective work! :)

Although i imagine the defence will be that the person in question doesn't actually post here so it is perfectly fine to make such comments.

Or some other rubbish like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Its never nice when social rec forums get like this.

I can see where people are coming from when they get annoyed by extra moderation,or being p.c or whatever.

The clincher for me is when users who normally wouldn't post pics or get more involved in the community aspect of boards,do so,because they feel more comfortable.

Theres no quick fix here,unfortunately,that i can see.
    If it had been done a certain way from day 1 of the forum,it'd be easier,but change is always going to have people against it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

g'em wrote: »
    Now, when something like that happens and it's still not reported, can you see where the confusion lies for the Mods?!?!

This seems to be a thing in the social forums, people complain about things which, at the time, they never reported.

I can only guess there is a thought process you're ratting people out by reporting them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

SDooM wrote: »
    This seems to be a thing in the social forums, people complain about things which, at the time, they never reported.

I can only guess there is a thought process you're ratting people out by reporting them.

To be fair, I haven't complained about that specific instance. It was a little OTT and I was thinking about asking for them to be taken down, but the mods did it before I asked. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

To be fair, I haven't complained about that specific instance. It was a little OTT and I was thinking about asking for them to be taken down, but the mods did it before I asked. ;)

Well,would that be a compromise,easier for everyone to handle-the mods delete comments they think are a little much,or verging on ott?downside- It means more work for mods though. Upside-it means users shouldn't be arguing among themselves,thus bringing the mood back to niceness :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Oh I wasn't taking a pop, I have just noticed Gem mentioning it more than once in this thread and as we run similar-ish forums and we had the same thing over in night time land...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

There's a hint of nastiness creeping into this thread that I don't particularly care for or wish to allow to fester.

As I said before we've listened to what's been said, taken it on board and changes are being made (thanks Jules for putting in the hours on that one btw).

I think we've learnt all we need to know for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement