Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

is the Nissan Qashqai a womans car?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

junkyard wrote: »
    Tbh, that looks loke something a 5 year old would design with a compass and a ruler.:D
    Definitely more playstation than sexy, anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Tbh, that looks loke something a 5 year old would design with a compass and a ruler.:D

And they didn't use the compass much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Lol, who designed this so
    nissan-cube-1.jpg

I'm beginning to think Fisher Price have a hand in the design department.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'm beginning to think Fisher Price have a hand in the design department.:D

I'm surprised they managed to get circles for the wheels lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Seriously, a car called "cash cow"? Or "catch gee" depending on what part of the country you're from? Blokes cars have numbers or animal names.

• Advertisement

Well Nissan have been trying to fit squares into round holes for a while now and since they've taken up with Renault of late they'll probably suceed.:)

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Seriously, a car called "cash cow"? Or "catch gee" depending on what part of the country you're from? Blokes cars have numbers or animal names.

Isn't a cow an animal? That's the best Nissan can do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Blokes cars have numbers or animal names.
    :D

I feel a new thread coming on here............far out car names.........the new Nissan Pug or the Toyota Wombat. I remember a few funny ones like the Mazda Bongo van, which was real and on a Jap. import I saw once. Mind you, the Japs have some really far out ones come to think of it.:rolleyes:

I feel a new thread coming on here............far out car names

We did that recently. My (selective) memory of it is that Japanese names were pretty bad and Korean names were plain ridiculous :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

unkel wrote: »
    We did that recently. My (selective) memory of it is that Japanese names were pretty bad and Korean names were plain ridiculous :D

you see that a lot in korea. basically any shops or things with an english name looked like they came from a poorly made video game with one guy sent to think up a load of names in an hour because they had no real product placement. there's also a car over there called the "chairman". who would want to drive around in something called a chairman?

i once bought a "compactible disc" in korea. i wonder how these things get past the design stage with something like that written on them

towel401 wrote: »
    there's also a car over there called the "chairman"

Ah, the Ssangyong Chairman :D

And we thought the Korean step was the lowest one on the automotive ladder. Not so :D

The Chinese have taken over Ssangyong. And they seem to be pretty pleased with themselves:
    its what every company Chairman would want to take him from business meeting to business meeting. Its whats on the inside of the car that most interests China Car Times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

Notch000 wrote: »
    there seriously gay

Reported.

Cpaw wrote: »
    Reported.

Right on! This is an extremely politically correct category within boards.ie and the original owners of boards (and even more so the new owners who bought them out) don't want any posts that are reportable in any way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

Right on! This is an extremely politically correct category within boards.ie and the original owners of boards (and even more so the new owners who bought them out) don't want any posts that are reportable in any way!

Sorry I'm lost :confused: Are you saying I was wrong to report the post beacuse I found it offensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Some people seem so insecure that they are more concerned about their reputation or perception to others rather than buying a car they actually want.

I would not buy a Qashqai because I think it is a pointless marketing stunt, not because it is girlie looking but because the car is no more roomier or practical than any other medium sized hatchback. It is just designed to look a bit more SUVish.

Sorry I'm lost :confused: Are you saying I was wrong to report the post beacuse I found it offensive?
    Simple really, if your gay and you like a particular car buy it, if your not gay and like a particular car that other people may think gives the impression that your gay, don't but it, if your gay or not and like a car anyway buy it and to hell with the begrudgers. OP, try hanging around in After hours for a while if your easily offended, they'll knock the edges off you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Steerpike

To get back to the oringinal poster's question: buy what you want, mate. Be secure in yourself! Just base your decision on the merits of the car.

My objection to the Qashqai would be it's trying to be something it's not. That is, it's a front-wheel drive car masquerading as a 4x4 - unless you get the top of the range two litre version. And if you are paying that kind of money, you might as well go that bit extra and get a crossover with real AWD like the Subaru Outback (got one ordered, so I'm a bit partisan here!).

By the way, Junkyard - I love your FF siggy! Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I just orderd the new seven seat version having looked for months at getting transport for me, the missus and three chisslurs. Tested the Grand Scenic, Corolla Verso, Zafira, 308 SW, and all manner of ancient MPV's on Carzone.

One test drive in the +2 (with the diminutive 1.5l diesel engine) and we were hooked. The marketing of this version is aimed squarely at the family man who needs the space but who doesn't want to buy any of the above. What can I say? I'm a notch on the bedpost of marketing demographics.;)

I wasn't in the market for an SUV / 4WD or anything like it, so it was great to find an MPV crossover with a bit more distinction and really nice interior spec, and the space I was looking for. A budget version of the XC90? Possibly.

So maybe I'll get hoots of derision and homophobic finger pointing and sneers? Actually, I seriously doubt it*.:D

*With the possible exception of of a few of the posters on this thread. But that I can live with.:cool:

• Advertisement

unionman wrote: »

Sure, mate. That's a decision based on merit. One thing: with safety in mind, I would strongly recommend you chose ESP as an option. Not sure what kind of driving you do, but its something that should be standard on all cars - but our wonderful Government makes it so expensive with VRT, that it is standard on Qashquis in Germany, for instance, but is an option here (certainly for the 5 seater). See link (not sure if it is showing as a link, you might have to cut and paste it).

http://www.gombeennation.blogspot.com/2008/11/does-rsa-really-want-to-save-lives.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Steerpike wrote: »
    To get back to the oringinal poster's question: buy what you want, mate. Be secure in yourself! Just base your decision on the merits of the car.

My objection to the Qashqai would be it's trying to be something it's not. That is, it's a front-wheel drive car masquerading as a 4x4 - unless you get the top of the range two litre version. And if you are paying that kind of money, you might as well go that bit extra and get a crossover with real AWD like the Subaru Outback (got one ordered, so I'm a bit partisan here!).

We bought one because it is'nt a 4x4. It's a well equipped focus competitior at a reasonable price which drives just as well as most cars in the class apart from the ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

lol
    pmsl
    I believe he was implying you're very easily offended if you find that offensive considering this is the Motors forum and not the Sex and Sexuality forum

@OP
    My mam is in her mid 40s and really likes the Qashqai, I don't, our opinions differ, but who cares.

I'd save for an extra few months and get a Kuga, much less of a school gate car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Do you have one?

No buy i have access to one. I'd love one

groupb wrote: »
    We bought one because it is'nt a 4x4. It's a well equipped focus competitior at a reasonable price which drives just as well as most cars in the class apart from the ford.

Yes, I'd a blast in one, and they drive well enough and feel pretty solid. However, a taller car is never going to handle quite as well as a lower one on the twisty bits.

I was wondering between the Sube Forester and the Outback, for instance, but the Outback was far more assured and less wallowy due to its reduced height.

Plus, in the Qashqai, you'll still get the more ignorant, self-righteous types who'll deem your car a world-destroying chariot from Hell, because it looks like a 4x4!!! So it seems you've got a lot of cons, without necessarily getting any of the pros?

But that's just me. They are fine cars though, but should come with ESP as standard IMO.

Happy driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Steerpike wrote: »
    Sure, mate. That's a decision based on merit. One thing: with safety in mind, I would strongly recommend you chose ESP as an option. Not sure what kind of driving you do, but its something that should be standard on all cars - but our wonderful Government makes it so expensive with VRT, that it is standard on Qashquis in Germany, for instance, but is an option here (certainly for the 5 seater). See link (not sure if it is showing as a link, you might have to cut and paste it).

http://www.gombeennation.blogspot.com/2008/11/does-rsa-really-want-to-save-lives.html

Couldn't agree with you more. The good news is that ESP comes as standard on the +2 version. It was a deal-breaker for me as I have ESP on my current car.

unionman wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with you more. The good news is that ESP comes as standard on the +2 version. It was a deal-breaker for me as I have ESP on my current car.

Glad to hear that, Unionman.

Sadly, on cars where it is offered only as an option, people tend to go for all sorts of frivolous stuff, and skip the ESP... I'm not sure if they are aware of how potentially life-saving a feature it is.

Good luck with your new jammer!

Advertisement