Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook/Bebo video "virus" problem

• 28-11-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

Have gone back a good few pages and can't find this one, apologies if it's a repeat.

A mate of mine was using my laptop and clicked into the infamous bebo/facebook (not sure which) video (think it was an .avi) that was doing the rounds. Basically it opened a few pop-ups, which were easily closed. I was using the net/refreshing pages for around 2 minutes, but then since I restarted (this was around a month ago), no webpages will display. MSN Messenger connects OK, AVG connects and updates every day without any problems (so the machine can connect, and is connecting to the net), but no webpages will display, and iTunes won't connect to get song titles when a new disc is inserted.

I was using ie7, have installed a newer version by downloading the whole thing onto a USB key, still nothing. Firefox won't display any pages either. I installed an old version of Opera, and it can't connect either, it isn't being allowed to connect due to proxy settings or something. Something about proxy settings is also on the firefox error message.

Short of reinstalling XP (I can't find the CD ROM :mad: ), I can't think what to do. A full system check with AVG 7.5 finds the same 3 .dll files as being infected each time, and they seem to be easily repaired only to pop up again on another system check. Absolutely flummoxed, any help appreciated. I imagine there might be something I can do with proxy settings, but have no idea what, precisely.

Comments

Advertisement