Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

give me your opinion in deciding what i should get

Options
  • 28-11-2008 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i currently have eircom broadband. standard phoneline and broadband type deal with a netopia router. its been giving me trouble recently but more importantly i'm moving house in January and will be getting rid of the landline. with that in mind i want something where i don't need a phone line. some sort of wireless connection maybe?

i would like to get it now though so something that isn't a problem moving from one house to another is what i'm after.

price is not really a factor. i'm prepared to pay for a really good reliable connection (i work from home and need reliable constant internet access). mostly for browsing webpages and maybe a bit of downloading movies and music here and there would be nice. doesn't have to be blazing fast, the reliability is the big issue but it would be nice to get decent download speeds. i do play some online gaming from time to time too.

i'm in dundalk area if that matters with coverage or anything.

any suggestions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Digiweb Metro Wireless sounds like a no brainer seeing as you are in Dundalk same as them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

i'm prepared to pay for a really good reliable connection (i work from home and need reliable constant internet access). mostly for browsing webpages and maybe a bit of downloading movies and music here and there would be nice. doesn't have to be blazing fast, the reliability is the big issue but it would be nice to get decent download speeds. i do play some online gaming from time to time too.

Sounds like Metro is what you want there anyway. Probably the most reliable wireless connection, with good availability.
    i would like to get it now though so something that isn't a problem moving from one house to another is what i'm after.

Metro is fixed wireless, so you can't buy it now and take it with you. Mobile wireless will never be reliable, for all locations. Since reliability seems to be your biggest requirement, mobile is not what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I Agree

the best thing you can get is digiweb in(dundalk anyway).

Also another thing you could do is.

order it now for january and get an install date for whenever you move in so that you have it straight away.

so i would highy suggest ringing them now and asking for an installation date in january(whenever you are moving in).

i would definetly say digiweb is the most realiable wireless connection you can get and the speed is pretty good.

the only problem you will have is the cap as i think its 50gb(thats the highest), and you will be paying alot for going over the limit.

as you said the odd movie and music so i think you should be fine.

hope this helps, good luck and merry christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ace Of Knaves

cheers guys. i got on to digiweb, think i'm gonna go with them in Jan. good idea about booking an installation date now Thor, i'll definitely do that.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

grand stuff mate hope you get sorted out.

Good Luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement