Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm2009 and lost the buzz

Options
  • 28-11-2008 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else just un-installed this game since even the release of the first patch ? I used to be such an avid fan of the series and have just lost all momentum in playing this game. I find it slow and unresponsive at times and i have a great XPS laptop. I eagerly await the new patch hopefully to resolve any on going issues. Now i started this thread too see what peoples thoughts are on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I'm very close to it, can't get into to it at all...which is the first time ever in the series. Too many bugs and the 3D engine is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Is so bloody annoying, there seems to be more built in randomness than ever and the amount of bloody injuries I get is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The press conferences are doing my head in a bit too as well , now dont get me wrong i like been hands on with comming to teams affair but the season takes AGES.

It just doesnt seem to have the same appeal for me , but in saying that i have played it for 35hours total which is a lot considering I have a part time job and full time college :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The only thing that's annoying me is the injuries. Asides from that I'm enjoying it as much, if not more, than 08

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I agree OP, I have a fairly decent laptop, but i couldnt play Call of Duty or Fifa on it or anything, and one of the things I like about previous Fm's is that you can play smoothly without worrying about poor graphics or bad responsiveness.
    But this one is just really annoying, having to load twice, when starting a match and then for the 2d engine.
    Another thing I'm noticing is there are way too many good regens developed in the 2nd season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 bins

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

bins wrote: »
    :mad:

Great input
    Give us another pearl of wisdom

Injuries are really getting to me now, half my team are out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Frisbee wrote: »
    Great input
    Give us another pearl of wisdom

lmfao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I installed the patch a few days ago and seem to be getting more little bugs than i was getting. Iv found the bugs just ruin it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The responsiveness is pretty poor tbh and my spec is in my signature, I thought that spec would be handling it better.

I have a dual display setup and running firefox and FM09 makes it worse. FM08 I had zero performance issues until I got to about 6-7 seasons in, I run alot of leagues (40) in my games

I dont use the 3d engine either because of the performance issue. I just want buttons to work when I click them first time!!

Is there any options that I should be using or turning off when it comes to performance? Maybe something that SI havent optimised?

It took me awhile to get into 09 from 08 as I had a game with Celtic where I had things nearly perfect for myself, including having Jack Wilshere in the 2nd season! It was hard to leave that game behind. But I'm enjoying this version but it could be soooo much better. I hope a patch is around the corner and it sorts out alot of performance issues

• Advertisement
Advertisement