Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights in the sky

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Barnaby wrote: »
    Don't know much about it Jon other than saw the two lights moving, two nights in a row. They really were peculiar & not like anything that I could explain away!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i7S4a0gv7E&feature=related did you see something like this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Barnaby

jonbravo wrote: »

Well that seems to get brighter & have a red core, perhaps it is the magnification on the camera.
    What I saw was two lights moving one behind the other not particularly bright & no obvious core.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

Barnaby wrote: »
    What I saw was two lights moving one behind the other not particularly bright & no obvious core.

Sounds like Military Aircraft flying in formation line astern. Did you notice anything else? Nav lights? Flashes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

I seen two sparks flying around in the sky one night. what made them odd was the fact that it looked like they were spinning around any which way very fast. just like a baby playing with two little cups if you catch my drift. Just all over the place. I call my girlfriend out to check just incase cause I don't believe in this malarky stuff at all. just find it entertaining to read. When she seen it she freaked out and ran into the house. I actually don't know what they were. def not shooting stars or fireworks. i'd say it was some mad star... :) i def seen it though. it's a bit wierd.

Sounds like Military Aircraft flying in formation line astern. Did you notice anything else? Nav lights? Flashes?

Definitely not aircraft, each one was one single light, nothing else & definitely no flashes.

• Advertisement

TheLoc wrote: »
    I seen two sparks flying around in the sky one night. what made them odd was the fact that it looked like they were spinning around any which way very fast. just like a baby playing with two little cups if you catch my drift. Just all over the place. I call my girlfriend out to check just incase cause I don't believe in this malarky stuff at all. just find it entertaining to read. When she seen it she freaked out and ran into the house. I actually don't know what they were. def not shooting stars or fireworks. i'd say it was some mad star... :) i def seen it though. it's a bit wierd.
    dont believe in a lot of things myself,i do believe it wasnt fireworks,stars etc...etc..,ill post tomorro what you can do if you see lights again,what the experts say to do.this questions for all,do you live near lights aka,near a city or town or motorways,most of lights can be worked out to be something else,but not them all...ive got some good books about them for xmas!!i post bits about them soon.happy new year everyone:).

dont believe in a lot of things myself,i do believe it wasnt fireworks,stars etc...etc..,ill post tomorro what you can do if you see lights again,what the experts say to do.this questions for all,do you live near lights aka,near a city or town or motorways,most of lights can be worked out to be something else,but not them all...ive got some good books about them for xmas!!i post bits about them soon.happy new year everyone:).

That would be great Jon, look forward to reading. What I saw was not lights from anywhere only the sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alcoholocaust

I saw two or three on New Years Eve..... at different times.. From half 10 through to half 12. I thought i was imagining it! Did anyone else see those?

I saw two or three on New Years Eve..... at different times.. From half 10 through to half 12. I thought i was imagining it! Did anyone else see those?
    ,can you write a little more about them please!:)

,can you write a little more about them please!:)

They were orange lights, moving slowly in a kind of formation (not my own words but its an accurate description) of about two or three! Kept appearing and disappearing. Couldnt take a video as my phone is a heap of sh!t

**EDIT**

This is exactly what I saw! http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=0m28PiurcuE

• Advertisement

They were orange lights, moving slowly in a kind of formation (not my own words but its an accurate description) of about two or three! Kept appearing and disappearing. Couldnt take a video as my phone is a heap of sh!t

**EDIT**

This is exactly what I saw! http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=0m28PiurcuE
    one of the most common types of ufos............THE AMBER GAMBLER;description;a small but distinct ball of light,larger then a star-or point-sized,and usually orange,yellow or red in colour often seen near the horizon or close to ground level,visible from a few seconds to minutes...........would you like more info??

one of the most common types of ufos............THE AMBER GAMBLER;description;a small but distinct ball of light,larger then a star-or point-sized,and usually orange,yellow or red in colour often seen near the horizon or close to ground level,visible from a few seconds to minutes...........would you like more info??

Sure, tell me what it actually is!!!

Sure, tell me what it actually is!!!
    all i know is its the most common type of ufo,responsible for 22% of ufo cases as of 1992,the name derives from warminster,england where it was seen regularly during the 1960s,but has bein seen all over the world,pay particular attention near power lines where the amber gambler often hovers above the wires,at night and if stationary beware the possibility of the moon shining through cloud or mist[think there was mist last nite]many scientists think that ball lightning could take this form,parachute flares are another common source but i dont think so.its considered too small to be piloted craft,most researchers feel its an as-yet-unknown natural energy phenomenon of an electrical nature...........as to what it is is still unkown..thats all i know about the amber gambler.:rolleyes:

Advertisement