Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever travelled from Athenry to Claremorris on public transport ?

Options
  • 28-11-2008 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I need to get from Athenry to Claremorris (probably tomorrow)
    I decided to look at the buseireann.ie site and plan a route from Athenry to Galway, then Galway to Claremorris. As it turns out, that is impossible using their route planner ( I challenge any of you to get it to work)
    Then I looked at Irishrail. They have an option to get a train from Athenry to Athlone, then a train from Athlone to Claremorris (but there is a 2 minute window to change trains at Athlone).

Am I missing something here? Am I going crazy? Please tell me there is a way to get from Athenry to Claremorris on a Saturday using public transport. Has anyone else taken on this challenge and succeeded ??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Many moons ago there was a train between those towns.
    Hopefully it will reopen in the next few years as the Western Rail corridor.
    In the meantime, I suggest going via Galway City, probably by bus, or maybe the train to Galway.

Advertisement