Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GH:WT VS RB

Options
  • 28-11-2008 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I've got a PS 2 and basically, I haven't played RB or GH or even seen them in the "flesh". What I want you to do is basically write down which one you would recommend...

Guitar Hero:World Tour (I like the look of the drumkit on this...)
    Rock Band(I like this coz it has got Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who!)

Is Rock Band 2 out for PS 2?
    If it is, then that is also an option!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Oooh... There's lots of things to think about here...

But the most important thing is to look at the list of songs.....

Rock Band (58 disc songs)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band

GH:WT (86 disc songs)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Guitar_Hero_World_Tour

Rock Band 2 is NOT out for PS2 yet, so the choice is between Rock Band 1 or Guitar Hero World Tour.

Both sets of drums have their own problems. I don't see one working better than the other... but the GH:WT ones definitely look nicer.

Personally... if the songs on either dont bother you, then I would recommend GH:WT purely because it's newer, has more songs than RB1, and has a cooler looking drumset.

Now if it was GH:WT and RB2, I'd change my mind... or possibly even if you chose a different console, but for PS2, I think GH:WT would be your best bet :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Cully's hit it on the head here.
    As far as PS2 goes, i'd invest in RB1, the setlist on GHWT isn't great at all until you unlock the first 40 songs. Then it gets good, but thats the best it gets.

RB generally gets the overall win for it's DLC alone, but unfortunately PS2 users don't have that luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Okay so it's 1-1, and ye have both given very good reasons for them...still in square one here! lol

Thanks!

Well... I don't agree with anyone saying something like "the setlist is better", because that is only their own personal opinion.

You may like completely different songs than whoever says that, so that's why I said it's best for you to look at them and make your decision :P Personally I prefer the layout and "fun-ness" or Rock Band. Guitar Hero:World Tour aims at the more hardcore gamers.

Either way... Both are good and if you buy either, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Cully wrote: »
    Well... I don't agree with anyone saying something like "the setlist is better", because that is only their own personal opinion.

Sorry, i should have been more specific.
    The setlists for the RB games do a great job of catering for everyone.
    The majority of the GHWT setlist was aimed at 15 year olds who were still pissed off with their parents.

In the sense of diversity, i just thought RB won out, both times.

• Advertisement

I was looking at the setlists and I was leaning towards RB...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I prefer the Rock Band ones over Guitar Hero ones, the set lists don't actually make that much difference, but the game play is somehow just slightly more fun in the Rock Band ones. I do prefer the way that GH lets you see how well you actually did on a particular song previously though which the RB ones don't tell you other than on the screen just as you complete each track.

Although I'm crap at all of them, RB accomodates my crapness in a slightly more freindly manner.

Haha! Well I'm only in it for the fun so I think it's going to be RB for me...and it's cheaper for the parents so that'll get a thumbs up from them...

Thanks a million peeps, it was really bugging me!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

ya Rock Band all the way, the songs in GHWT arent great at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Basically common opinion on the internet seems to be
    GH:WT instruments > Rock Bands
    Rock Band 2's track list > GH:WT's

Instruments are fully cross compatible on xbox 360 (http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/) so I bought the GH:WT band in a box set and am gonna pick up Rock Band 2 next week. (best of both worlds then :) )

• Advertisement

Basically common opinion on the internet seems to be
    GH:WT instruments > Rock Bands
    Rock Band 2's track list > GH:WT's

I Semi-agree

The Rock Band 2 instruments are supposed to be better than GH:WT.
    GH:WT instruments that are supposed to be better than RB1.

Advertisement