Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water analysis, and lead amount by place

Options
  • 28-11-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

http://www.galwayindependent.com/local-news/local-news/lead-levels-high-all-over-city-/

"A new report on lead contamination of the city's water supply has revealed extremely high levels of lead are present in pipes all over the city. "

Because of this I would like to test some water for lead and ideally for other pollutants. Is there a lab in Galway that would do it?

Also, has anyone seen the report which the papers mention? I would really want to know which areas are affected in what way, but the papers only list the worst. I live in Moycullen but apparently out supply is somehow linked to the city (Knocknacarra); a friend lives in Dangan; and perhaps there is something in the report about these areas, whether good or bad?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

MichaelR wrote: »
    http://www.galwayindependent.com/local-news/local-news/lead-levels-high-all-over-city-/

"A new report on lead contamination of the city's water supply has revealed extremely high levels of lead are present in pipes all over the city. "

Because of this I would like to test some water for lead and ideally for other pollutants. Is there a lab in Galway that would do it?

Also, has anyone seen the report which the papers mention? I would really want to know which areas are affected in what way, but the papers only list the worst. I live in Moycullen but apparently out supply is somehow linked to the city (Knocknacarra); a friend lives in Dangan; and perhaps there is something in the report about these areas, whether good or bad?

Have you looked at the local authorities' websites?

Advertisement