Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Care / Special Needs Course&Jobs

Options
  • 28-11-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I'd like to work in child care, special needs, or perhaps drug addiction care. Can anyone tell me the best route to get into this vocation. Courses etc.

Thanks for your advice:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dididrama

You can beccome a special needs assistant in a primary school with just a leaving cert. (i might be just junior cert actually, check the teaching council website) You could start there I guess. There's also social work. I work as a teacher for kids in care who come from families with drug problems (not exclusively) and their social workers do a fantastic job caring for them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Try www.fas.ie,check your local VEC or maybe pursue a degree in social care or social work.
    UCG do a distance degree in Social care and loads of colleges run courses in it.
    If you decide on social work TCD and UCC are your 2 options but there are full time.

Advertisement