Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G TopTech 416 blowback Discussion

Options
  • 28-11-2008 11:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

as per rules.,:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

*mumble, mutter, effin' thieving little grumble, mutter......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nice one, tough call between that and the VFC. The crane stock didn't live long.:D Really like the way the fire selector repeats on the right side unlike the VFC.

Are they special type batteries that go in the RIS or do the 2 stick crane type batteries fit in there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yeah the one i have in it is the 2 stick crane stock battery from a dboys M4., its only running on an 8.4 in the vid but theres room for a 9.6 in there.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Tomorrow is christmas.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Tomorrow is christmas.

Did i mention what else i got today dave?.,:p

3065828459_7bbd8c1cac.jpg

3066673794_fe016e529a.jpg

• Advertisement

Ppft. That doesn't look like a H&K to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

is it just me or does the magazine look slightly longer than they usually do in an m4 or 416?

yeah its the 450rd mag, normal mags a a little shorter than it and have a 300rd capacity.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Looks like a really nice AEG, but I think it's a bit cheeky of them to call it "blowback", it's just a moving bolt cover?
    (To me, blowback means some significant weight being moved on every shot to produce some form of recoil,i.e. enough that it would actually cause some inaccuracy in full auto)

yeah it would be deadly if there was some decent recoil from it., i cant see electric proper blowback being that good though, i know theres the TM comming out but id like to see that before i make up my mind. Ive yet to see anything like real recoil other then tonys WA M4 GBB, that thing kicks like a mule.,:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Horse84

kdouglas wrote: »
    Looks like a really nice AEG, but I think it's a bit cheeky of them to call it "blowback", it's just a moving bolt cover?
    (To me, blowback means some significant weight being moved on every shot to produce some form of recoil,i.e. enough that it would actually cause some inaccuracy in full auto)

+1. You can see the same kind of 'blowback' om an army L85a1. Still a class looking aeg though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

kdouglas wrote: »

+1

I dont think any electric gun will quite give the same feeling as gas but from what I've seen the TM really looks like it's the one to beat.

Nice review Richie as always.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

vtec wrote: »

oooooo how much?

Dunno actually., havent paid for it yet., :D
    If i can get out tomorrow i'll give it some use and report back on how well it performs.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I know theres the TM comming out but id like to see that before i make up my mind.

When you're sitting at the computer in the shop, look to your right to the magazines, then look above them at the big TM box marked "AK74MN Blowback" in black and red writing.
    Better yet, cast your mind back to when they two of us had it out in the old shop and were talking about how good it was for an electric blow back...

nah thats a completely different thing altogether, thats essentially the same thing i have with this 416. the new TM armalite is using a proper blowback mech that incorperated the stock tube and a sprung weight to give the recoil.,
    i havent seen one yet though so i cant comment on how good they actually are.,

Skirmished one of these today.

Things I love about it:

- Looks - What a sexy gun
    - Gucci 'blowback' action.
    - Forward assist button for when you get that piston half-cocked thing
    - Lovely comfortable grip.
    - RoF even on an 8.4 is great. Can't wait to get a 9.6 into it.

Things I don't like so much:

- Range. Guarder silicon hop going into this baby I think.
    - Recoil is basically nonexistant.
    - Doesn't lock back on last round

Overall it's a lovely piece, there's probably some work to be done on it to make it match the range and accuracy of the JG (!), but I love the looks of it and the lovely sharp metallic *clang* of the blowback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

jeeze looks damn fine vtec...i love the battery location....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

yeah its the 450rd mag, normal mags a a little shorter than it and have a 300rd capacity.,:)

Damn 450 lol overkill

Yeah it could do with a gaurder hopup as dave said. i used mine today too, the range was good but ya cant really compare to those gaurder hops, their just magic., the P90 had better range with the gucci hopup in that.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

nice looking aeg! whats the internals like? typical G&G quality i take it? how do you think that blowback will hold up over time?

also any ideas of the pricetag over here?

also also whats this TM recoil armalite?? Haven't heard about that yet! any links for info?
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Hope this link works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKCFESpE-QU

It's the one I'm waiting for...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

nah thats a completely different thing altogether, thats essentially the same thing i have with this 416. the new TM armalite is using a proper blowback mech that incorperated the stock tube and a sprung weight to give the recoil.,
    i havent seen one yet though so i cant comment on how good they actually are.,

It is the recoil type, I checked it when it came in to make sure. The counter weight is under the top cover of the reciever where the stick battery for any other AK would go. The space is taken up by a spring system with a counter weight, attached through a slot to the piston. Considering it's a mechanically parasitic system it's actually rather good. The battery goes into the gas block due to the mechanism taking up all the room under the top-cover.

The bolt does shatter back and forth, but only by an inch or two, the weight in the receiver is what delivers the kick. It's not hugely hard, but it's decent enough to knock you off target when firing on auto.

Give it a go on monday. You'll need an 8.4 mini though, she won't accept anything physically larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

:eek: where did you get that?!! Ive looked everywhere for that pistol, it's not even listed on the G&G website!

Im just LEET and its only for me!

:D

i replied in the other thread where ya mentioned it.,;)

Advertisement