Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

04 golf 1.4 petrol (help)

Options
  • 29-11-2008 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi I have a 04 golf i was in a freak accident in tesco some person hit my car while i was shopping and theres a fairly big dent in the passenger door (door still opens). My question is can the door panel be changed in the 04 model of the golf ? And if so how much dose it cost? and if not whats my options? Can anybody help? Please!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hi I have a 04 golf i was in a freak accident in tesco some person hit my car while i was shopping and theres a fairly big dent in the passenger door (door still opens). My question is can the door panel be changed in the 04 model of the golf ? And if so how much dose it cost? and if not whats my options? Can anybody help? Please!?

You will need to bring the car to a body shop or panel beater to have the damage assessed. Depending on the amount of damage they may be able to repair the panel rather than replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Have to say shop around aswell... iv been to some places that say oh you need a new (whatever part) and it just so happens they have one lying around that their trying to get rid of!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes and when you mention that the insurance company is paying for it the price can suddenly inflate too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

It might even pop out with minimal effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Go to a panel beater and get a price for repairing the outer skin. Also it may be cheaper to get a second hand skin for a scrap yard and get that painted and fitted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

Thanks for the great help. I'll pop it over to the vw dealer I bought the car from on Monday and I'll see how much he can do it for. Best place to start I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Check if their was any cameras in the car park and if so try to see them.

When you do go to a panel beaters dont say that insurance is paying.

Advertisement