Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motor insurance problem

Options
  • 29-11-2008 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi All
    I was hit 2 weeks ago while in traffic from behind. Other driver took full responsibility. Thought it was a closed case till her insurance company rang to tell me that my car had previously been in an accident and this would affect my claim. My car has been deemed a write off and they only offered me €1800 because of previous accident. By the way my car is a 01 nissan almera and I didnt know my car had ever been in an accident. My mechanic can find no signs that the car has evey been in an accident before and according to the vehicle registration cert there was no licensed owner for the car at the time. The claim was put in for the car when it was only registered in Ireland for 3 weeks so there would have had to have been at least 10 grand worth of damage because the car was deemed to be not economically (something - I forget the term). Also does anyone know if I am entitled to a copy of the assessors report or do I have to get my own.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'd ask a mod to move this to motors forum, they'd know all this.
    Welcome to boards, if you want this done just post that you'd like this :)

What do you reckon is a fair sum for your car?
    It's most likely more than 1,800 but what do you think?

Beyond economic repair is the term......I think

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

Thanks for that. So much going on in my head at the minute I cant think straight. The book price for my car is €3200. I only bought the car 11 months ago for €4500 and really cant afford a new car with €1800. I have 2 kids and her insurance company said they will only cover my car hire for 2 weeks but there is no sign of this being sorted any time soon. Dont know how Iwill manage.

It would be great if this could be moved to the motor section. I need all the help I can get

Advertisement