Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unsure about BHP of my Focus

Options
  • 29-11-2008 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have my focus six months now, its a 2005 1.6 TDCI, Its the peugeot HDI engine. The thing is I don't know if its 90 BHP or 110 BHP. I have it insured as 90 but I think it could be 110 as alot seem to be? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cpaw wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have my focus six months now, its a 2005 1.6 TDCI, Its the peugeot HDI engine. The thing is I don't know if its 90 BHP or 110 BHP. I have it insured as 90 but I think it could be 110 as alot seem to be? :confused:

I have a 2005 Focus Ghia TDCi and it is the 110bhp version. I think when the MkII Focus was launched back in 2005 the 1.6 TDCi was the only diesel engine available here which meant it only came with 110bhp. In late 2006 Ford reintruduced their own 1.8 TDCi which had 115bhp, so to make sure there was no overlap they detuned the 1.6 TDCi to 90bhp.

If you have the user or service manual it will have the bhp and Co2 ratings listed on it. The Ghia TDCi model definately was 110bhp back in 2005. The Focus van may have been 90bhp though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

This is usually written under the bonnet on the area between the engine and the front grill in large numbers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It could conceivably by either. Check the VLC for irreputable confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rokz

Bought a 2.0 cmax tdci ..ithought it was a 115 bhp..but later found out it was a 136 bhp.......I must say it really moves...Best car i ever had ..!

Advertisement