Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3's Like Home Service - RUBBISH

• 29-11-2008 6:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I've been a customer of 3 since 2005 and for the last 3 years have been on their talk and text 200 package (25 euro permonth)

In September I rang up to cancel I was going to Australia for the year in December. When I went to cancel the contract I was assured by one of 3's agents that I could use my phone in Australia for the same price I use the phone at home in Dublin. 200 Minutes a month for 25 euro.

I decided to keep the contract as it seemed like a good idea. On Wednesday I arrived in Melbourne and the fun starts. I cannot connect to 3 Australia with my Irish 3 Mobile, when I search for the 3 network my phone returns every network but the 3 AUS network.

When I called customer care in Ireland 3 told me I wasn't in a 3G area therefore I would roam on a partner 2.5G network. I found this hard to believe as I was calling from a 3 AUS prepaid phone with full 3G coverage. Next I was told there was a problem with my phone and it would only connect to 2.5G networks again I found this hard to believe as it was connected Telstra’s 3G network. A friend has a 3 Prepaid phone from Ireland and this phone also cannot pickup 3 AUS network.

After a few arguments with tech support they then told me that they've been onto 3 AUS tech support and there is no 3G coverage in Melbourne again pure lies. I even went into a 3 Store and asked what the coverage was like in the area. I feel 3 are lying through their teeth and are possibly making me roam on another network in the hope that I’ll spend more??

They told me there is nothing that they can do for me and that they will now cancel my contract without any refund whatsoever. My problem is I kept the contract for 2 extra months while I traveled through Asia and now after canceling the phone they want me to give them 30 days notice, that’s another wasted 25 euro.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ive roamed im the UK and Italy with no problems. 3 Like Home will not work on your friends 3pay handset, this is clearly stated on the 3pay 3 Like Home page of their website. If its not working for you it is clearly a technical problem. What handset are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i can confirm that everything they told you is a lie. they bascially make sh!t like that up to get you off the phone

unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do. no network guarantee's coverage in another country so you can't get out of the contract for free because of it. at least its only 25 euro

i was in amsterdam a few years ago and i could only get coverage at the airport, everywhere else i was denied access to all networks. it might well be that if you walk around you'll find somewhere where you can get coverage.

as walkman said, 3 like home doesn't work for 3pay in australia. could you put your sim in your friend's phone and see if you get coverage then? it's possible (though highly unlikely) that there is something wrong with your phone

Advertisement