Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 months - Vomiting, no other symptoms

Options
  • 29-11-2008 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi all,

Little guy is 6.5 months, and yesterday we decided to change him from Aptamil for newborns onto Aptamil for 6 months plus babies. He only took 2 ounces then half an hour later, fell asleep with me on my bed only to wake 5 minutes later vomitting everywhere.

Cleaned him up and brought him back downstairs thinking the new formula didn't sit well with him. Give him an ounce of sterile water to help clear his throat. Half an hour later and he vomits everywhere again. Another change of clothes and probably about an hour later he kind of dry wretches and spits up a bit. We put him down for the night and we're vomit free until he wakes for his feed at 4am - we give him some of his original formula - he drinks 4 ounces then vomits everywhere instantly.

Eventually goes back asleep and woke at 8.30 hungry - gave him another bottle with original formula - he only took 3 ounces but has kept it down.

No other symptoms associated with being sick - no temerature, not crying or agitated, in good form laughing and smiling.

Could the formula change have casue all this vomitting?? Opinions please

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,628 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It could be anything including the change in formula. Best contact your gp tho

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If hes ok since, Id get him back on his old formula for a week or two. Make sure hes ok, and not sick at all. Then try a change again. Maybe not even to the one you tried this time. It could have been a coincidental bug, it could be his tummy is still a bit immature, I dont know. Best to let him settle for a bit anyway, and then youll know what the story is when you try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

this happened with my 6monht old but it badly coencided with a tummy bug. he was puking up his bottle and not wetting his nappy. he was dehydrated. the only time he did not puke was when we didnt give him a bottle and he didnt look for one as his tummy was sore.

we gave him cool boilded (full fat) coca cola. yes im tell you boiled coke. it was recomended by my old family doctor via my mother(who else) but it worked.

He did puke up some brown/black remaining bottle feed stuff after but after 12 hours he was right as rain. we gave him 2 X 7oz of coke which was boiled in a pan (do not microwave) and alow to cool.

dunno if it help but it did to our little guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Have a chat with your GP about it if you're worried to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Go to GP as they can advise on the next step. Could be a reaction to something, could be reflux. Best plan is go to GP. I am only going by what happened with my daughter as she had the same symtoms. Best of luck and try not to worry.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement