Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Clearwire users having problems with Yahoo pages??

Options
  • 29-11-2008 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

Any Clearwire users unable to open any Yahoo pages?? I keep getting "Internet Explorer cannot open the webpage..."

Same thing was happening the other night but seemed to be fixed again until this morning when it's happening again. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 aislingm137

yes iam. the yahoo pages and services isnt working for me at all all day. its terribe i cannot check my mail or use messenger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

"It's The American Way"

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

Was working for a friend last night on CW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

It was back for a bit but it's bloody gone again! :mad::mad::mad:

I'm ringing them now just to send the blood pressure up a bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

I'm not on CW, same thing is happening to me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

It is defo clearwire. I've been getting intermittent connections to yahoo for about a month. I can connect using a proxy and on my iphone using 3G but as soon as I use my wireless on the iphone I get a cannot connect to server error.
    This is a pita. Seems they are blocking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 danom8

Me too, I have not been able to get onto Yahoo! for hours on end everyday for the last 2 weeks. It's very frustrating. At first I thought it might be that Yahoo! was down but then one day when I could access it I asked if it had been down on Yahoo! Answers and everybody there said it was fine.

That's when I decided it must be ClearWire. I will be ringing them first thing in the morning. It's ridiculous, Yahoo! is the most popular site in the world and it also hosts my e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

danom8 wrote: »
    Me too, I have not been able to get onto Yahoo! for hours on end everyday for the last 2 weeks. It's very frustrating. At first I thought it might be that Yahoo! was down but then one day when I could access it I asked if it had been down on Yahoo! Answers and everybody there said it was fine.

That's when I decided it must be ClearWire. I will be ringing them first thing in the morning. It's ridiculous, Yahoo! is the most popular site in the world and it also hosts my e-mail.

Don't bother phoning them. Their customer service people aren't that up on things though I've found them pleasant enough.

This worked:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055430667

I've not had any problems connecting since this workaround.

I got it working by adding these servers manually to my router

rather than getting them automatically from clearwire.
    In your browser address bar type 192.168.1.1
    This is a default address. Have a look on the label on your router for the address used by it. There might be the stock password too

This should bring up the password for your router. If you don't know it, and it hasn't been changed, try this site:

http://www.routerpasswords.com/

There will be a part for setup. In there will be a part asking if you want to let the router get DNS from your isp or you can click an option and enter the DNS addresses I gave.

If you have the clearwire modem plugged straight into your computer you'll have to config DNS on your computer.

In xp:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305553

In Linux (well pclos and maybe mandriva):

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Change
    MS_DNS1=<IP address of first server>
    MS_DNS2=<IP address of second server>

Advertisement