Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long is a standard cheque valid for?

Options
  • 29-11-2008 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

I have a cheque from an Irish insurance company dated April 07, which I had lost and have just found again. If I lodge this will it be ok? I know different countries have different laws with regards to cheques. What's the Irish situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭DoraExplora

Typically i think its 6 months but often it depends on the person u present it to

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

6 months. Banks won't honour anything older

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭DoraExplora

I would ring the insurance company and c if they'll rewrite the cheque, as long as they haven't written it off. i've seen cheques being processed for longer than 6 months, but the official stance is the 6mths.

Advertisement