Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Biggest Game of the Weekend is....

• 29-11-2008 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Not in the Premier League!

Wolves v Brum at 12.30 top plays second, if Wolves win they go 9 points clear, if Brum win its game on again. So the rest of the Championship will want City to win which is not something that happens to often.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Am looking forward to this game,

Hoping for a wolves win, but have a feeling birmingham will win this one,

At least one if not both of these will be in the premiership next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Barca vs Sevilla tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pah, you wont see Michael Kightly at the Camp Nou!

Fog could stop the game.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

mike65 wrote: »
    Pah, you wont see Michael Kightly at the Camp Nou!

Fog could stop the game.

Mike

Agreed 100%, the game's at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Inter V Napoli is a bigger game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Should be a cracking game.

4-3 Wolves!*

*not really. 2-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Me vs Murph in Pro Evo

5 games all - the decider. Barca vs Barca on reds

Typical derby game so far by the sounds of it (yep its fivelive for me), usual kick 'n rush.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Keep an eye on the 2 full backs for Wolves. We could do with a few decent ones in the Ireland squad.

Ward's playing left wing today.

Another ex-Loi Player ;)

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ward's playing left wing today.
    Oh right. Foley though at right back has supposedly been Wolves' player of the season so far.

:(

Mike

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Oh right. Foley though at right back has supposedly been Wolves' player of the season so far.

Ward's at left back now.:pac:

Foley's a smashing player. Very composed on the ball. Can get a few goals too.

Keogh on for Gray

Sam Volks on for Chris Iwelumo

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

mike65 wrote: »
    Not in the Premier League!

Wolves v Brum at 12.30 top plays second, if Wolves win they go 9 points clear, if Brum win its game on again. So the rest of the Championship will want City to win which is not something that happens to often.

Mike

As a Villa fan I hope they both lose :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Carsley doing a good job for Birmingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Dying with a hangover and a dodgy stomach so I'm in bed watching this one.

It's been fairly good so far. Birmingham deserve to be ahead. Can't wait to see how Fahey does for them in January.

I was really impressed with Stearman in the first half...then he gave that goal away.

EDIT: Lovely equaliser for Wolves there. Brilliant work by Wardy as well.

Goal. 1-1.

W00t!

Mike

1-1 fair result. 6 points the difference, that'll do.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Wardys been very good at left back this season apparently. We get £100k+ if they get promoted this season, nothing if they do it next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

bohsman wrote: »
    Wardys been very good at left back this season apparently. We get £100k+ if they get promoted this season, nothing if they do it next season.

Where does the money go if ye go?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Tomthepost wrote: »
    Where does the money go if ye go?:D

Assuming its not used to pay off debts the money must remain in sport. No members are allowed profit from the club.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the 2 full backs for Wolves. We could do with a few decent ones in the Ireland squad.

From Manc Irish Wolf on foot.ie:
    Went to the Wolves v Birmingham game yesterday with Stephen Ward playing brilliantly in defence marking James McFadden out of the game - pin-point passing, regular forging runs as well as creating our goal with a run and cross from the byeline. Fans have already set up a thread questioning who the Irish left back is and why Ward isn't being given a chance. With Kilbane having to be content with the odd twenty minutes, the case is growing for my next campaign - "Ward for Left Back" - might not be too long before the pair of them are on the wings of our defence.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=33752

Fans view of the game yesterday:

ward...im so impressed with him, i was not a fan untill today, worked his nuts off and backed up the wingers with some great runs and foward passes. 9

Ward - 8 - Can not say enough about Ward at the moment. He is playing awesome at left back and supports the forward runs superbly

Ward - Top class today, worked hard got the crowd going, superb football in making the equaliser (9) MOM

Ward - 8 MOM

Ward S- 8 great game, looked good on the rare occasions he went forward

Ward - 9 MOM I thought this was a great fullback performance and made the equaliser with supurb play

Ward - 9. My MOTM. Good defensively, and really made a difference when he got forward. One good overlap in the 1st half and set up the equaliser really well. Any doubters about this guy must still have their heads up their arses. He's a VERY good left back

Ward: Wholeheartedly excellent; very good distribution and a fantastic run from deepin the second half.

Ward: Great stuff. Clearly he's been a left-back filling in at centre-forward all these years. 8

Ward - 9. One of the players of the season and another top notch performance. Added something to our attacking play, which was reinforced with his delightful set-up play for SEB's goal.

Foley had another solid game. Keogh also gave us a bit of life coming on on right wing in 2nd half and kept possession well, although does have a tendency to negatively play the ball back a bit too much, probably as a result of a lack of confidence at the moment.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=33742

McCarthy on Ward:

“He’s a left-back, no question. I don’t see many better left-backs in the league than him. That’s his position without a doubt, because he tackles like a defender.

He always did and that’s what I always loved about him as a forward, because he gave his lot.

I spoke to Liam Brady on Monday at Reading and they’re aware of him – he played in a B international for them.

I don’t want all my players lost to international duty but he’ll get in the team at some stage. They have got Kevin Kilbane, Damien Delaney and now they could have Stephen Ward.

International squads aren’t that big and someone will probably pick him. If he gets his chance and plays well, who knows?

He has fabulous use of the ball from that position because everything is in front of him. It’s a different role but we can build from the back with Wardy.

He could always defend but he’s learned that art very quickly, and how to play with a back four. He has a very good understanding of the game and how it’s played, which not everyone does.

People talk about good players but for me it’s about an understanding of the game. He can play left midfield, he plays up front and he can play at left-back.

I’ll bet if I asked him to play left-sided centre-back, he could do a job there as well because he just grasps what it’s about. I’ve seen those things in him ever since he came here.

That’s probably why I appreciate him as much as I do and like and respect him as much as I do, because he just goes and does it with no fuss at all.”

“If George Elokobi was fit, I’d have two fantastic left-backs. If George was coming back next week, would I leave him (Ward) out of the team?

The answer is no, I doubt it very much. But George isn’t coming back. I wish he was, it would be brilliant.”

Advertisement