Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new swimming pool

Options
  • 29-11-2008 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

hi does anyone know when they are having their open week when people can come in and have a look at facilities? twas mentioned in paper a few weeks ago but havent heard anything definite since - is it open this wkend?
    looks very impressive from outside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

I heard it was the second week of December. Not 100% sure. May be on next weeks KP?

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

thanks Alzar

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Just passed it and saw the new sign up - The watershed.
    pretty cool name for an impressive place...

Just chanced http://www.thewatershed.ie/ and it works!
    Open week starts next Saturday, Dec 6th to 13th

There's a few pics up in the gallery section too... looks very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 upthecats

Any more news on a opening date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

If the pics on the website are anything to go by, I'll defo take a stroll up there when its open.

Anyone hear anything about prices?

I think I remember reading that it was to have the open week and then be fully open for business pretty much straight away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 brockbobbins

I went up for a look at it on Saturday, it’s a pretty impressive facility and its very competitively prices @ €510 for the year (students €250) or €45 per month direct debit or you can pay as you go for around €8. The gym its self is large enough, I counted 12 treadmills and a good selection of weights and free weights. The pool is 25m and the floor in the deep end (max 2 meters) moves up and down so they can make it shallower for lessons, there is a kids play pool and a kids learning pool. It’s opening on the 15th of Dec and they are giving tours all this week, it’s worth a look at. It’s about time there is something like this in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Do you have to join for the full year? or can you join for 3 months/6 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 brockbobbins

not sure it doesnt say anything about that on the price list that i got, it just has annual or pay as you go rates:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I did a tour of the place today, and very impressive inside. Large pool and large kiddies pool. Big gym with state of the art equipment not that many weights and about 12 treadmills the space still has plenty of room so maybe some new equipment is due.

Large gym with room for three basketball, indoor soccer pitches and also has a pull out stand to seat 500 people for big events. There is also a fitness room for aerobics.

I inquired about the running track and even though it's advertised on there brochure the girl said that it wasn't part of the centre but could be used for €8 per hour! on top of your gym entrance.

For the pool there is communal changing rooms and communal showers you change in booths.

To use the pool costs €8 peak and €7 for registered users off peak (once off reg of €20)

To use the Gym €8 if registered and €9 if not

To use both swim and Gym €11 non registered and €10 for registered.

Single full membership €510 or €45pm
    Single off peak €390 or €35pm
    Couple €960 or €83pm
    Family €980 or €84pm
    Over 60's €390 or €28pm
    Student €250

I'm in a gym membership at the moment but might give they a try when that ends

Advertisement