Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound engineer available !WILL WORK FOR FREE

Options
  • 29-11-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

sound enginneer available for live work or recording will work for free at gigs and also has small set up if a band is looking to record a demo, has access to loads of equipement and can also organise time in a smaill proffesional studio for free. works off of protools.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 stamfordbridge

Hey dude,

That's a very good offer. I'm just wondering where you're based, and also how far you are prepared to travel to record? I'd love to test out some recordings I've been working on (Involving piano, guitar, bass, samples, vocals). I'm currently in Cork City. Let me know anyways, Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jwsixzim

ya that sounds good im based in dublin, walkinstown but i think it will be ok to travel to cork to help you out the only thing is that all the gear and **** i can get my hands on is in dublin and i dont have a drivers license or anything so it would be easier if it was here but i have no problem going down to cork im sure we can work something out... just let me know what kind of stuff you are looking to record and when so i can get my hands on some mics and things... im in college in the week so it would be handier for me if it was sometime in the weekend if i will be traveling to cork you know so ya cool just let me know the details !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 stamfordbridge

Ah that sounds brilliant man. The stuff I do is pretty varied, pianoy/ weirdy guitarey/bass stuff etc. May I have your email so I can send you a couple of things? R.E. Mics, I have plenty that you could work with. Vocal Mics, Amp Mic, Overheads, Stereo Pairs etc. My problem is that I don't use them to their full effect!:rolleyes:

It would be great if you could make it down to try out some stuff. I suppose I'll send you some stuff first though? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Musician/singer/multi instrumentalist here.

I'm in a couple of bands that would love to be recorded, have quite a bit of recording experience, well organised, know what I want, give us a PM and I'll give you a live sacrifice dude

Rob!

hey my email address is irisjoywixley@hotmail.com ya cool just send me a load of your stuff and i would love to work something out could you also send me a list of mics and stuff that you have ? then we can organise other **** k .

• Advertisement

DerKaiser wrote: »
    Musician/singer/multi instrumentalist here.

I'm in a couple of bands that would love to be recorded, have quite a bit of recording experience, well organised, know what I want, give us a PM and I'll give you a live sacrifice dude

Rob!
    hey ! ya dood just send me a few songs or some stuff you have done my email address is above im kind of being swamped at the moment but ill try my best and i know loads of other engineers that would love to help you out so if i cant find time dont worry i will sort you out with someone who can... !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 D-Mc-G

Hey dude, i live right beside St Peters road in walkinstown, was wondering what the story is with recording songs? Ive about 3-4 at the moment that I want to do but haven't had the equipment to do it even half decently for a while.

This is my music page, my stuff at the moment is a lot better than most of whats on it already: http://www.myspace.com/mcgarryacoustic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Hey my band would be looking to record an EP this summer... anything you could do for us? We are based in Cork, but there would be no bother in us coming up to Dublin if you could fit us in. We can bring all our own gear etc.

Obviously i would have to say it to the lads first, but it would be great if you could keep us in mind. Link to band is in my sig

RE acoustic guitarist.
    hey dude i live in walkinstown too so it would be really handy for me is it just you and your guitar or do you have any other ideas ? im working on the evenings on weekends and in college in the day during the week but maybe we can organise some thing for a saturday or sunday ill bring an mbox and a mic or too and we will see what we can do. just tell me when you were thinking of recording and ill try sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cadanam

Hello there,
    I am new to this Forum so not too sure how things work. I am a Musician and i occasionally need a Sound Engineer from time to time, and would be interested in staying in touch and getting some tuition from you also. I understand you cannot exchange email address or mobile numbers. Not sure why not ! Maybe you know more than I do about the rules etc ?

Regards

Cadanam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Burst yeh!

I am presuming you either taught yourself or else have a really well paid job in order to offer your services for free. At the end of the day its a job that us engineers have to do and sometimes not very easy. Hope your enjoying the free work :D even though I know its not all about the money ,it does help if your working full time at it. All about the experience but at the same time I wont be offering it out so easily neither will a lot of engineers/producers I know. So I guess it leaves me with 1 question : are we bad people to ask to get paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

cadanam wrote: »
    I understand you cannot exchange email address or mobile numbers. Not sure why not ! Maybe you know more than I do about the rules etc ?
    Apologies for going off-topic but where did you get the idea that exchanging numbers and e-mail addresses was not allowed? Are you maybe getting boards.ie confused with adverts.ie?

The charter only mentions not to publish phone numbers which is fair enough as people tend to forget that anything posted on a public forum is viewable by anyone with an Internet connection so you could get all kinds of strange people calling you! Rather than publishing your phone number, exchange your contact details through e-mail or private message instead so that they are hidden from the prying eyes of the world.

na sorry i dont have a well paid job or anything and i obviously think that sound engineers should get paid for what we do . the reason i posted this is that im actually in college studying it at the moment so i was looking to get any experience i could you know. havent really been available lately to do much as im really busy with college and other work and stuff. i was just looking for experience but as soon as i finish and start doing it profesionally then i will be looking to get paid. theres alot of competition espesially coz im in college and if your not willing to do stuff for free then someone else who is will get the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭alabalascala

Hi there you still doing sound engineering?:D
    jwsixzim wrote: »
    sound enginneer available for live work or recording will work for free at gigs and also has small set up if a band is looking to record a demo, has access to loads of equipement and can also organise time in a smaill proffesional studio for free. works off of protools.

Advertisement