Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What EU treaty, when being voted on carried the 'promise' of lower cost cars?

Options
  • 29-11-2008 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭

I may be wrong about this but my recollection is that one of the EU treaties held the promise of lower cost cars.
    Once the treaty got passed, the Gov sought and got a derogation for X years from introducing the newer lower cost and when that ran out, in came VRT.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Yes, but that's ok.
    Because the Irish Government will retain the right to keep those extra taxes going when we sign up to Lisbon, just in case you were worried they wouldn't:D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

studiorat wrote: »
    when we sign up to Lisbon,t:D...

so its not a matter if we sign up to lisbon, only a matter of when? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭budweiserfrogie

utick wrote: »

:eek: If my vote and enough other votes are no again.
    Would this not mean a no to lisbon treaty again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

utick wrote: »

Do you really think if there is another No vote it won't go through under a different name? If that happens the likes of Libertas and their ilk will have their Federal European state and their european president.

Advertisement