Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any chance of non-religious stamps ffs

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

That's my take on it. I would be more annoyed if I was paying for religious stamps, but only people who actually buy them are contributing.

but an post as whole is heavily subsidised isn't it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Zamboni wrote: »
    LOL

By the looks of it there has been nativity scenes every poxy xmas right the way back!

Jaysus sells, who'd a guessed?

I still say a couple of robins or something would be better than favouring christianity over everyone else in the country.

I'm going to take the positive out of all this though...
    Think of all the post going to Islamic countries with Jaysus wriggling in his nest on them :D

Don't they have birds on stamps for most of the year already? Dunno why countries with a majority Islamic population would be have a problem with such a stamp, since Jesus is one of their prophets? Unless you are thinking of the fact that they don't create images of Mohammad, but Jesus is not god to them afaik so that shouldn't bother them either? Care to clarify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Unless you are thinking of the fact that they don't create images of Mohammad, but Jesus is not god to them afaik so that shouldn't bother them either? Care to clarify?
    Muhammad isn't god to them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Ooops, messed that one up. Meant Allah (I think?)

Advertisement