Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobiles with long battery life

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lone

lfc1892 wrote: »
    why is this such an important subject to people?

If it needs a charge, charge it. If you use it a lot for work and you are on the road, get a car charger, they are very cheap. Is it a case you are away from your charger for more than 48 hours? Well, get an emergency charger that takes a disposable battery.

As far as I'm concerned, if the battery is lasting less than a few hours, then it's a problem but if it's lasting 24 or more it's working fine because the simple solution is to plug it in and charge it up again. How difficult is that to do?

I use my phone mostly for work and I often work long days on location, so I don't have the option of charging a phone on the side of a mountain. And with driving rain you're not going to take it apart to put in a new battery. Given that one charge used to last a week and given the technology that's out there, I don't think it's a big ask to have a phone with decent battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I have always had Nokia's but recently got a SE C902. Use it most days at work for the radio and more and I can get 5 days out of the battery. Pretty impressive in my book.

Have the same phone and I've been fairly unimpressed with the battery life so far, I got it 10 days ago and am charging it for the third time now. Guess I've been playing around with it a lot, so maybe it'll work out better once I start to use it normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

You simply cannot demand all the features in the world

Many people would like these features, but only if things such as signal reception and battery life are not compromised. In many modern phones it seems that they are.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I've been looking up all the phones mentioned. I came across the Nokia 3120 Classic and it seems to get great reviews for being a straight forward phone with good battery life. Anyone have experience of this one?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

tman wrote: »
    Have the same phone and I've been fairly unimpressed with the battery life so far, I got it 10 days ago and am charging it for the third time now. Guess I've been playing around with it a lot, so maybe it'll work out better once I start to use it normally.

I think mine was the same the first week I got it. Plenty to play around with and that doesn't take long to wear down the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

Lone wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I've been looking up all the phones mentioned. I came across the Nokia 3120 Classic and it seems to get great reviews for being a straight forward phone with good battery life. Anyone have experience of this one?

I agree with you. I think the 3120 classic is a fantastic phone. It has 3g though so for improved performance switch it to GSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    it's true that very basic nokias have a good battery life but i have a k800i that has a 3.2 megapixel camera, bluetooth, IR, a radio and a memory card and it lasts about 4 days
    Yep. Agree with you Vimes. For a phone that has so much in it, it's really surprisingly good battery. Even though, I generally find SE's batteries good as well. and for €129 you can't go wrong.
    Plascebo wrote: »
    Personally have a K800 for over 2 years now and the battery life is still great, at least 3-4 days per charge... had a n80 and 95 and found the battery life disgraceful...
    Have the N95 myself, although it's away for repair. Battery is okay, but it's not brilliant. On average use, 2 days, which is dissappointing.
    lfc1892 wrote: »
    I agree with you. I think the 3120 classic is a fantastic phone. It has 3g though so for improved performance switch it to GSM.
    Indeed, and it is. Lovely clear screen with good features and pretty good performance. 3G and bluetooth on it is a dog though.

Yep. Agree with you Vimes. For a phone that has so much in it, it's really surprisingly good battery. Even though, I generally find SE's batteries good as well. and for €129 you can't go wrong.

Have the N95 myself, although it's away for repair. Battery is okay, but it's not brilliant. On average use, 2 days, which is dissappointing.

Indeed, and it is. Lovely clear screen with good features and pretty good performance. 3G and bluetooth on it is a dog though.

I read the 3120 classic had about a 5 day charge span and I like it's keypad and shape. I'd occasionally check email, so I suppose it'd be ok for that..

I'd need to but it as a ready to go tho, as I'm with vodafone..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Lone wrote: »
    I read the 3120 classic had about a 5 day charge span and I like it's keypad and shape. I'd occasionally check email, so I suppose it'd be ok for that..

I'd need to but it as a ready to go tho, as I'm with vodafone..

It's not brilliant for emails - but it does the job.

Advertisement