Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Light Bulb

Options
  • 29-11-2008 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a replacement bulb for my bedroom light. It's a weird one and I've been to every hardware/electrical store within my reaches but to no avail. I've attached a picture of it, hopefully someone out there knows where I can get one. I'm south of the river.

Thanks!
    Kelvin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

my local super valu store has them
    any decent hardware store should have them
    i think there is a t o`reilly somewhere on the canal
    south of the river meaning southside of dublin?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any DIY store should have them its a halogen bulb.
    Strange one to have in your bedroom though.
    They are normally in outdoor lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭obsydion

dolittle wrote: »
    my local super valu store has them
    any decent hardware store should have them
    i think there is a t o`reilly somewhere on the canal
    south of the river meaning southside of dublin?

Yeah I work on Kevin St D2 but live in Milltown D6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

there are 2 main typre of that halogen. one is 78mm long and the other is 117 mm long. the 78mm is mainly used in indoor light fittings and the 117 mm used mainly for exterior like in the pir light you might have outside your light.the 78 mm is less common and may not be stocked by most hardwares or stores
    we keep them but any decent electric wholesalers should have them.
    seeing that its for a bedroom ied imagine its a 60 watt 78mm.

Advertisement