Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boffer & Boards.ie Competition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Competition now closed all..

Thanks for your entries.

Winners will presumably be announced shortly.. ish...

Gonna re-open this thread to say the winners have been announced, and are as follows:
    • kcools
    • Kel Varnsen
    • Kold
    • peckerhead
    • phasers
    • psicic
    • Santa Claus
    • The Scientist
    • Tusky
    • TVDX
    Congrats lads and best of luck next time to everyone else.

Hopefully we'll have another Boffer competition in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

basquille wrote: »
    Gonna re-open this thread to say the winners have been announced, and are as follows:
    • kcools
    • Kel Varnsen
    • Kold
    • peckerhead
    • phasers
    • psicic
    • Santa Claus
    • The Scientist
    • Tusky
    • TVDX

w00t, cheers. I'll look forward to it arriving. They said they want us to do some research on it...are they going to provide the model number/name ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

• kcools
    • jenno86
    • Kel Varnsen
    • Kold
    • peckerhead
    • phasers
    • psicic
    • Santa Claus
    • The Scientist
    • Tusky
    • TVDX

When will we get them?! :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

We don't ask much, do we? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

Back of the net!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

:eek: Its a FIX :eek:

I demand another chance :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Boo-urns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Well I guess they don't like me coz I refuse to accept the extra £5 rubbish charge they make on any Irish orders from selling their tat, ah well, would prob have just binned it anyway...

ME WANT A FREE STEREO......
    MC

Oh yeah, forgot: Boycott boffers.co.uk screw you £5 Ireland charge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Aww right :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

:confused::mad::(:cool:

Bah.... goddamn crooked moderators..

.. I've said too much! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

Yay for crooked mods... err... competitions... err...

I mean, in my completely unbiased opinion, I think some good decisions were made in selecting the winners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Didn't realise to win you had to make a joke! Thought it was serious! I will know for the next time.:(

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote:
    Didn't realise to win you had to make a joke! Thought it was serious! I will know for the next time. :(
    Well, the majority of winners were comedic (some more obvious than others) entries but not all.. to name but 3:

TVDX
    Kel Varnsen
    Kold

To be honest.. I picked about 5 winners and the rest were more or less the ones that struck my eye.

Christ, ye people are competitive... there'll be other competitions soon hopefully!

Raoul wrote: »
    Didn't realise to win you had to make a joke! Thought it was serious! I will know for the next time.:(

If you take a look at the boffer website it generally takes quite a humorous approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

lol you are dead right my friend! but then if you look back at the company that asked for the reviews you may understand that they hardly put up any serious reviews! Ask their customer services how many complaints that have got because things weren't as described and so on :)
    At the end of the day it was just a competition so best forget about it, no use crying over spilt milk.
    Best we can do is don't enter the boffer competitions next time! ;) better still don't buy anything from boffer :D
    I feel privileged not being chosen to write a review for boffer as I was chosen by Nokia to review their mobile. No comparison between Nokia and Boffer :D

Just to clear things up..

I chose the ten winners, not anyone at Boffer!

;)

so kind of you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

As Basquille said, some were genuinely well thought-out entries, full of heart and emotion, ready to illicit compassion and understanding from the hardest of hearts.... and then there were the rest of us that took the whole 'strip-naked-then-poke-'em-in-the-eye' approach.

At least that's how I remember him describing it.
    basquille wrote:
    To be honest.. I picked about 5 winners and the rest were more or less the ones that struck my eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

rash0001 wrote: »
    At the end of the day it was just a competition so best forget about it, no use crying over spilt milk.

................the milk spilt???:eek::(:(:(:(:(:(:(

metalfest wrote: »
    ................the milk spilt???:eek::(:(:(:(:(:(:(

yea. got a cow instead :D

now do the honorable thing and post it to africa

metalfest wrote: »
    now do the honorable thing and post it to africa

I'd rather not talk abt the cow here as it cant tell jokes or laugh either and as this is a boffer thread its a requirement that anything you talk has to be related to either a joke or laugh no matter how crap it can be :D

Jaysus, rash001... bitter much?! :rolleyes:

I'd rather not talk abt the cow here as it cant tell jokes or laugh either and as this is a boffer thread its a requirement that anything you talk has to be related to either a joke or laugh no matter how crap it can be :D

:P haha

Jaysus, rash001... bitter much?! :rolleyes:

:eek: ur jokin? seriously I thot i'm lightning the mood here!

wooah basquille ur a mod for music reviews!? the irony oh the irony :p

:eek: ur jokin? seriously I thot i'm lightning the mood here!
    So was I.. hence the use of rolleyes.
    wooah basquille ur a mod for music reviews!? the irony oh the irony :p
    The irony has been lost on me mate!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Wow, thanks, after something bad happening to me tonight, this cheers me up so much.
    I never win anything but now I have so I can't say that anymore!!!!.
    Thanks to Boffer/Boards and Basquille!!!.

No worries TVDX.. congrats!

Heard from everyone bar kcools.

Can he get back to me as soon as possible as need to get this list of names offer to Boffer? More chance of ye having it by Christmas then.

If he hasn't got back to me by tomorrow night, I'll have to choose another winner to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

If he hasn't got back to me by tomorrow night, I'll have to choose another winner to replace him.

Dibs!

Sorry to disappoint TPD but kcools has just gotten back to me with his details.

All winners have not been sent to Lauren at Boffer.. enjoy the prizes all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

No worries TVDX.. congrats!

Heard from everyone bar kcools.

Can he get back to me as soon as possible as need to get this list of names offer to Boffer? More chance of ye having it by Christmas then.

Pm'd you this morning. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

All winners have not been sent to Lauren at Boffer.
    You cute hoor. You're keeping them all for yourself :D

Whoops.. my mistake..

.. or was it?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Whoops.. my mistake..

.. or was it?! :D

Hmmm, the thick plottens :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Just heard back from Lauren.

The speaker docks were posted out today to each of the winners. But true to your word.. when you recieve your speaker docks, Boffer would like a review posted here.

It's only fair that you submit a review so please do. If you were a winner and you do not post a review, you may be considered exempt from the next competition.

And Lauren has told me that if the reviews work out well, we'll have another competition next month.

Thanks all.

I received my speaker system this morning. Its a Maxell 2.1 audio docking system for ipod. I shall post a review once I have tested it out.

Its this one here - http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Speakers.16/Maxell.305/MIS-1UK/Maxell_MIS-1_2.1_Audio_Docking_Station_for_iPod.3566.html -currently being sold for £19.56 :pac:

Still, I'm happy!

[edit] Its £56.00 on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxell-MIS-1-audio-Docking-Station/dp/B000VI4LLU

Cheers Tusky..

They're nice to be honest... as when I heard "iPod Dock", I thought of one of those plastic docks with 2 in-built speakers, whereas this has 2 speakers and a subwoofer. They look pretty sweet.

Assumed ye would get them this morning since the courier e-mailed me as he'd problems finding a certain competition winners address.

Tusky wrote: »

It's actually £19.99 + delivery. I'd buy it if it was sold for £4.99 and another £2.99 for delivery! :D They dare to add the Irish privileged customer delivery surcharge and I won't want it for free even! :rolleyes:

This is slightly unsettling..

The courier hired by Boffer (won't mention names) have e-mailed me to get contact numbers for 2 of our contact winners as they can't find their addresses.

It's actually £19.99 + delivery. I'd buy it if it was sold for £4.99 and another £2.99 for delivery! :D They dare to add the Irish privileged customer delivery surcharge and I won't want it for free even! :rolleyes:

It was 56 earlier. Boffer are going to be selling it for 9.99. For that price, its definitely a bargain.

• Advertisement

This is slightly unsettling..

The courier hired by Boffer (won't mention names) have e-mailed me to get contact numbers for 2 of our contact winners as they can't find their addresses.

Wouldn't surprise me if one of the ones they can't find is mine - Sat nav always directs people to the wrong place. If that is the case just PM me and I'll give you my number.
    Not all that unusual for couriers to ask for contact numbers in my (admittedly limited) experience........

kcools wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if one of the ones they can't find is mine - Sat nav always directs people to the wrong place
    Nope..

Haven't heard from them about your address mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Just got mine there, it's brilliant! Cheers boffer, I'm going to thoroughly test it right now!

Nope..

Haven't heard from them about your address mate.

A pleasant surprise indeed! Be very curious to see if there's anything there when I get home tonight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

I got mine,
    great item.
    It has to be worth more than 19.99!.
    It looks about 100 quids worth to me.
    I will submit the review asap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement