Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Snowball'

Options
  • 29-11-2008 3:33pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine is looking for 'Snowball' - from her description it sounds like some sort of 70s throwback pre-mixed drink made with advocaat.

Sounds pretty disgusting really, but in an effort to stop her driving all the way to Newry where she seems convinced she will find it, does anyone know a stockist in the Dublin area?

Thanking you. It's possible it's made by Bols themselves, though I'm not sure about that.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I don't think snowball is available in bottle form as its usually just a mix (7up & advocaat IIRC).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

You see it in a few pubs still. It's in a small stumpy looking bottle, usually on the bottom shelf near the floor, if I had one I'd check the best before date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

be realy hard to find, just buy some Adovcatt and some white lemonade.
    pour a measure or two of the advocatt in a glass, squirt in some lemonade - there you go a snowball...
    awfully sweet stuff tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

spurious wrote: »
    A friend of mine is looking for 'Snowball'.......
    Sounds pretty disgusting really, but in an effort to stop her driving all the way to Newry where she seems convinced she will find it, .....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snow+ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

I had a mad thing for snowballs last year and though it took a while I managed to find a bottle of advocaat in Tesco..add a bottle of lemonade, a tub of cherries and some ice and you have instant snowballs.

You can usually get the advocaat around Xmas time so start looking now. It's in the booze section normally around the Malibu and Cherry Brandy type drinks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jacqui1811

Hi, wondered if you could help.
    Where in Dublin can I buy some Advocat to make my snowballs ?
    I have tried in a couple of the Tescos and Off Licences but no luck.
    I live in the Ballinteer area.
    Thanks.
    Jacqui

Advertisement