Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 3]

• 29-11-2008 3:42pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Please post all gameweek 3 results here. Also, please link any goal of the month youtube videos right here!!!

Gameweek consists of 6 games. I strongly recommend that everyone have 15 games played by the end of Gameweek 3, so I can do fixtures for gameweek 4.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Irish Wolverine vs Reganoski
    Liverpool vs Liverpool
    2-2

After some trouble getting started Irish Wolverines league campaign began. An early goal by the opposition dampended spirits when Torres got a break and scored. Gerrard came close shortly after with a belter of a free kick taking a lick of paint off one of the posts. Another goal meant at half time it was 2-0 to the away team, a few subs and a bit of magic and Kuyt brought the home side back in to it to 2-1. The pressure was on the away team to keep the lead and they eventually crumbled in the 90th minute (sorry :D) with a poachers goal from Torres after the keeper spilled a shot. In the end a fair result for both sides at 2-2.

Can those that played Soby (i think thats his name make sure to post their results as i took his place and the league standings need to reflect this. Cheers

Also im behind on the number of games so anyone looking to get their games in give me a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

I have played 14 games so far including playing SOBY record so far would be won:11 drew:2 lost:1

Scored 46 goals according to my stats but sadly no clue as to how many I have let in....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Is there fixtures this week? Or is it 4 random games again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Is there fixtures this week? Or is it 4 random games again??

No fixtures this week as far as i know...its 4 or 5 random games..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Lad's my xbox got the 3 red rings....Yeah great timing....I got it sent off on friday there so It will be up to 3 weeks....I have no other way of playing so if i end up last well I'll have to battle my way up next season...Unless the games will still be on by end of december then il probably get my games if the xbox is back....Sorry future guy & Lads :mad::(:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can't help it :)

On a brighter note, mine was only gone 2 weeks so with a bit of luck youll get it back soon.

Just play your games when you get it back :)

Week 3 so far

Irish Wolverine 1 - 0 CKWPORT
    Liverpool V Chelsea

Garlball1 4 - 0 CKWPORT
    Man Utd V Chelsea

Ronburgendee 3 - 2 CKWPORT
    Barcelona V Chelsea

Absoutlely brilliant game against Ronburgendee. I was trying my best to get a third goal in the end to level it up, there were a few close ones but it wasnt to be, still twas a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Jesus, its going to be a squeeze to get in 6 games this week. Heading to Manchester for the Sunderland game on Thursday and won't be back until the following Tuesday. I got loads of invites on Saturday but seeing as I was drinking I decided against accepting them ;)

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Jesus, its going to be a squeeze to get in 6 games this week. Heading to Manchester for the Sunderland game on Thursday and won't be back until the following Tuesday. I got loads of invites on Saturday but seeing as I was drinking I decided against accepting them ;)

Play ya this evening if you want, i'll be on after 9...

Sounds good!

• Advertisement

Sounds like I can get two of my games played if you guys are on, don't think I've played yee yet!

Sounds like I can get two of my games played if you guys are on, don't think I've played yee yet!

Sound

Nice one, getting 2 or more played tonight would be a good start! Don't think I've played you Mr Moon! Although between gamertags and boards usernames, I get awfully confuss-ed!

I get awfully confuss-ed!

Same as that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Udinese 5 - 0 Liverpool (rainyface)

When things go right, they go right. Quagliarella got 2 with one for Pepe, Sanchez and Di Natale as Liverpool just couldn't cope with Udinese's tridents and failed to take advantage of Lukovic's crapness

Garball1 1-6 RichieMUFC
    Manchester United vs Manchester United

Quite a good game, I got 3 late goals to bit of gloss on it, but it was a good match all the same. Anderson sent off late for a second bookable offense but it was two harmless enough tackles from Garball! Good game, I didn't really getting going for the first 20 mins or so because he was pretty much on the front foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Dave7G 1-6 Bubs101
    Arsenal vs. Udinese

God I love not playing United. Despite scoring probably the best goal in the third minute I've seen so far with two wondeful passes and a great shot Arsenal crumbled to udinese's slick fast passing game with Sergio Pepe getting a hatrick and Quaglierella popping in two

DaveG 3-0 RichieMUFC
    Arsenal vs Manchester United

I was 3-0 up, had hit the post three times, had 10 shots to 0 then boom, my internet connection went.

****ing load of cock. Came back 30 seconds later. Oh well, thats my league well and truly ****ed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

False wins are no wins. I'm not having fun at al lin this league, I get absolutley destroyed in every game.

False wins are no wins. I'm not having fun at al lin this league, I get absolutley destroyed in every game.

Sorry man, I know its not your fault. If I miss out on a position in the league by three points, I will rape someone though :o

• Advertisement

There are some seriously good players. I've lost 7 times iifc, and I haven't even played any of the big 3 (I think).

But even if I am getting hockeyed, I'm enjoying it none-the-less. I have learned alot about how ready good players ply their trade. This will make me a better player for next years Championship (I'm realistic!)

RichieMUFC 13-0 The Batman IRL
    Manchester United vs Chelsea

Can't say much about this game really. I was still seeing every shade of red from losing connection during a nailed on win from earlier. :o

livelyjojo 1-10 RichieMUFC
    AC Milan vs Manchester United

Seriously dude, what are you putting on your cornflakes in the morning??? :eek:

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Seriously dude, what are you putting on your cornflakes in the morning??? :eek:

Not much!

Dj DigitalMoose 2-0 RichieMUFC

I think it summed up my game when I took a quick short throw to Vidic, it hit him on the head and he fell over. Good game though. Not sure how you managed it but your Vidic outran my Ronaldo every time. Fair play!

Manchester United vs Chelsea

Can't say much about this game really. I was still seeing every shade of red from losing connection during a nailed on win from earlier. :o

It was HELL.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

[QUOTE
    I think it summed up my game when I took a quick short throw to Vidic, it hit him on the head and he fell over. Good game though. Not sure how you managed it but your Vidic outran my Ronaldo every time. Fair play![/QUOTE]

Which just about sums it up. You need Man United defenders to defend against Man united Attackers.

This league table as it stands is not a true representation of the skill level of players. It is mostly made up of those who chose Man U and below them, those who didn't choose Man U.

Players that play as Man U have such an advantage over lesser teams (ABU) that they are almost guaranteed a win, irrespective of their skill level (almost). I also think that the new premier league will be made up of Man U players while the rest of us non Man U's make up the championship.

Just my 2c or a disgruntled rant, call it what you will
    PLEASE BAN MAN U FROM ANY FUTURE LEAGUES

moz,
    GT livelyjojo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Which just about sums it up. You need Man United defenders to defend against Man united Attackers.

This league table as it stands is not a true representation of the skill level of players. It is mostly made up of those who chose Man U and below them, those who didn't choose Man U.

Players that play as Man U have such an advantage over lesser teams (ABU) that they are almost guaranteed a win, irrespective of their skill level (almost). I also think that the new premier league will be made up of Man U players while the rest of us non Man U's make up the championship.

Just my 2c or a disgruntled rant, call it what you will
    PLEASE BAN MAN U FROM ANY FUTURE LEAGUES

moz,
    GT livelyjojo[/QUOTE]

I have to say I am really looking forward to next season when the ManUs have to pick a lesser team. At the minute I am enjoying every game that does not include ManU. My main objective at this stage is to finish in the top half and hopefully next season will be a different story.

Join the Club, same here getting killed in nearly every game...but thats probably cause im crap at FIFA...

I have one game left this week, after 4 losses....

• Advertisement

Not much!

Dj DigitalMoose 2-0 RichieMUFC

I think it summed up my game when I took a quick short throw to Vidic, it hit him on the head and he fell over. Good game though. Not sure how you managed it but your Vidic outran my Ronaldo every time. Fair play!

I'm still in shock after beating you! It makes it even better to know that if was your first real defeat since the last one was a connection problem!!

Your Vidic wasn't having the best game, I think I took his power an added it to my Vidic, it was hilarious when you passed the ball or I might have played an over the top ball but it hit Vidic on the head and skimmed on through to my player, good save in the end!!

Week 3 Results

Bubs180 0 v 2 DJ DigitalMoose
    Udinese - Man Utd

Batesy 0 v 3 DJ DigitalMoose
    Liverpool - Man Utd

RichieMUFC 0 v 2 DJ DigitalMoose
    Man Utd - Man Utd

3 wins outta 3 with 3 clean sheets, and beating the clear favourite, not a bad nights work :)

Advertisement