Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 3]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

RichieMUFC 10 - 1 Batesy2007
    Manchester United vs Liverpool

The game was ruined by Liverpool trying to kill time from as early as the 10th min. At one stage I counted 18 passes without coming out of his own half, passing the ball back to the keeper constantly at every chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bubs101 1 - 0 RonBurgundee
    Udinese vs. Barcelona

Deserved to win this match despite a severely dodgy last 5 minutes. both teams hit the bar although Barca did hit it in the 90th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    RichieMUFC 10 - 1 Batesy2007

The game was ruined by Liverpool trying to kill time from as early as the 10th min. At one stage I counted 18 passes without coming out of his own half, passing the ball back to the keeper constantly at every chance.

Cop on to yourself man! You won 10-1 FFS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Bubs101 1 - 0 RonBurgundee
    Udinese vs. Barcelona

Deserved to win this match despite a severely dodgy last 5 minutes. both teams hit the bar although Barca did hit it in the 90th minute.

I wouldn't say deserved, it was a pretty even game. I hit the bar from 5 yards out and had other chances as well. But you set yourself up well defensively so fair play for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Batesy wrote: »
    Cop on to yourself man! You won 10-1 FFS!!

Yeah man, give him a break. If he wants to kick it around all night or do keepy ups at the corner flag big hoop de doop. You still won didn't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

My results so far:

ROnBurgundee 3-0 TheDunne
    ROnBurgundee 5-0 Batesy2007
    ROnBurgundee 0-1 Bubs101

RichieMUFC 4-1 Bennycon

Jesus, what a good game. His defense was rock solid in the first half, and Liverpool went into the dressing room at half time 0-1 up after the United defense made a total arse of playing Torres offside.

moz wrote: »
    Yeah man, give him a break. If he wants to kick it around all night or do keepy ups at the corner flag big hoop de doop. You still won didn't you?

I want to play a game of football, not watch some lad pass the ball between his center halves for 14 mins and then do kick ups with the keeper.

You could learn something from The Batman IRL. He's a real top player if you ask me.

Why not just mess around in the arena for 14 mins instead of making someone sit through that. In fairness, thats bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I want to play a game of football, not watch some lad pass the ball between his center half for 14 mins and then do kick ups with the keeper.

You could learn something from The Batman IRL. He's a real top player if you ask me.

Have you ever considered that he might be playing tactical, possession football. Drawing out your players and maybe your patience with the hope of catching you on the break?
    Arsenal won leagues playing like that in the 80's.

Come on dude, you're ****ing hammering everyone in the league. You don't need to come on here and rant because they are not playing beautiful football.

I want to play a game of football, not watch some lad pass the ball between his center halves for 14 mins and then do kick ups with the keeper.

Who says we have to play the game the way YOU want?!?

If that was the case I would have lost 20-1. There's no enjoyment in that.

I needed to do something to stem the flow and keep the score down whilst actually keeping myself sane!

Again....you won the game 10 feckin 1 FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, can we keep personal swipes to a minimum. Y2J, in my opinion, it seems Batesy had a game plan to keep possession as you are clearly one of the best players. It obviously didn't work, but I guess it's his decision to try something that may prevent you from playing your free flowing style.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads, can we keep personal swipes to a minimum. Y2J, in my opinion, it seems Batesy had a game plan to keep possession as you are clearly one of the best players. It obviously didn't work, but I guess it's his decision to try something that may prevent you from playing your free flowing style.

exactly.

Drawing my players out by doing kick ups with your keeper? How exactly was this going to work? I only control one player at the time. Come on man.

I'm sorry if you are annoyed, but I thought this league was going to be played the right way? You were taking the mickey during the game by doing kick up's with the keeper then passing it away, and then get annoyed when I pointed out the fact it was a rubbish game?

I'm not sure I understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I had a game where someone else was taking the piss during the game, and wouldn't shut the hell up taking absolute crap for the whole game, so much so I had had to mute the tv. I'm sure you can guess who that is.

You were taking the mickey during the game by doing kick up's with the keeper then passing it away, and then get annoyed when I pointed out the fact it was a rubbish game?

I'm not sure I understand?

That is taking the mickey to be fair Batesy. I'd probably quit out of a game if someone was doing that. Trying to keep possession is one thing. Goading the opponent is another.

I had a game where someone else was taking the piss during the game, and wouldn't shut the hell up taking absolute crap for the whole game, so much so I had had to mute the tv. I'm sure you can guess who that is.

PM the name please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

RichieMUFC 4-1 Bennycon

Jesus, what a good game. His defense was rock solid in the first half, and Liverpool went into the dressing room at half time 0-1 up after the United defense made a total arse of playing Torres offside.

One of the best games I had yet, I had to go outside and get some fresh air at half time to try and calm the nerves. In fairness my goal in the first half was against the run of play but the five at the back going ultra defensive held Man U back for a good while. After the second goal I went with the default formation an the gaps opened up.

That is taking the mickey to be fair Batesy. I'd probably quit out of a game if someone was doing that. Trying to keep possession is one thing. Goading the opponent is another.

I did kick ups with the keeper once with about 5 mins left! I'm not sure it counts as goading an opponent when it's actually yourself who is losing 9-1 at the time!!

And you would quit out of a game you were winning 9-1??!! I doubt that very much.

As I said previously I was trying to keep the score down to a respectable level by keeping possesion of the ball.

I actually think it wouldn't be a bad tactic to use for a WHOLE game and try earn a point from RichieMUFC. Can't see any other way of anyone taking points from him?

He's lethal. Good luck to him.

Right Batesy and Y2J-MUFC

Let's leave it as is ok? It's clear that Richie is one of the top Fifa players and its equally obvious that Batesy tried to keep possession in order to attempt to stifle Y2Js attacking prowess (albeit unsuccessfully). Richie, I know from playing you that your shot accuracy is incredible, and giving the ball to you is suicide.

Batesy, I don't have a problem with you trying to keep the ball. I applaud you for trying it. You analysed the players involved, and were honest enough with yourself to realise that you weren't going to beat him by attacking. The same thing happens when a smaller team comes up against the big guns in real life.

I don't, however, agree with the keepy-uppie thing at the end. I'm saying that as a player, not the league organiser.

Fair enough

• Advertisement

bennyc wrote: »
    One of the best games I had yet, I had to go outside and get some fresh air at half time to try and calm the nerves. In fairness my goal in the first half was against the run of play but the five at the back going ultra defensive held Man U back for a good while. After the second goal I went with the default formation an the gaps opened up.

Yeah, one of the best games I had too. When I was 0-1 down at half time, I got that sinking felling I get when United look like they are going to lose a match in real life!

Took me a while to work out a way of playing against you...Great game! Hope you do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

was playing a game last night! 1min to go! Up by a couple of goals and my missus unplugged the modem to plug in an Xmas decoration!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

sparky360 wrote: »
    was playing a game last night! 1min to go! Up by a couple of goals and my missus unplugged the modem to plug in an Xmas decoration!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I feel your pain mate!!!!!!!

good games last night Y2J. A few wondergoals by both of us. Ya cheeky ******* with your Rooney goal :D

good games last night Y2J. A few wondergoals by both of us. Ya cheeky ******* with your Rooney goal :D

That was the best goal I've ever scored. It was flukey - I never in a million years expected it to work.

Thought I had you figured out when I scored the 3 quick goals in extra time in our second game, then I changed my tactics for our last game and you violated me. I can't walk straight this mornin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Wahey. Took the first points of Mordeth Shaun in a 1-1 draw scoring only my third free kick

:confused: The only points i've dropped was in a 2-2 draw and i don't think it was with you!!!

Corner fell to Rooney who was back to goal 8 yards out. With back still to goal, he flicked it over everyones head and in.

That was in first half injury time when I was 1-0 up. As you said, you scored 3 in extra time.

After that, I changed my tactics to see if the would bring some joy and I won 5-0 :) Isn't as violating as some of the beatings you have been handing out though :)

After that, I changed my tactics to see if the would bring some joy and I won 5-0 :) Isn't as violating as some of the beatings you have been handing out though :)

Indeed that was the biggest beating I've got (well, jointly!). I change my tactics to all out attack and playing offside for the full 90 mins - didn't work out so well. I think I'll stick to my normal systems!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

cadogs wrote: »
    :confused: The only points i've dropped was in a 2-2 draw and i don't think it was with you!!!

Oh, must have been against one of the other topish players. Unless you have a doppelganger

BTW, what's the story with running ahead with games. Giving that it's exams in the next two weeks I'd rather get as much games out of the way before i finish my first one and realize I'm ****ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

P/W/L/D

6/0/6/0

Advertisement