Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 3]

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

cadogs wrote: »

Mordant Shaun (Man U) 7 - 3 Batman IRL (Chels)

Good game. Went 2 up and he pulled back to 2-2 but managed to get a flurry of goals to finish it off. Hit the post as well about 10 times. Fair play to Batman, he kept attacking and never gave up!

Cheers, It was a bloody great game, despite me losing, i enjoyed it...

I dont give up....it'll pay off yet i hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

I've completely lost who I played this week! Had it all written down and the piece of paper got f*cked out!

Sorry!

I know I'm 7 wins, 7 losses and 1 draw!
    I'd be blessed with a top 10 finish this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have compiled a list of all results with the intention of sorting out fixtures for the final 3 weeks. After double checking, only 91% of the results were posted in the results section. This means that I have no way of telling who played who in some cases. Bottom line is that, for the remainder of the league, fixtures are going to be impossible to create.
    <snip>
    With that lesson learned learned, I have put a system in place whereby this will not be a problem next year. I am going to post the ENTIRE fixture list next season one week in advance. Also, I am going to have 2 separate threads. One will be for the fun side of things (banter, match reports etc) and the other will be for nothing but posting match results. This will make it way easier to get stuff done.

So do we just play whoever is available?
    How many games this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

towellers 3 - 0 rainyface (was 2 - 0 up when he quit)

Just to clarify - I didnt quit intentionally. 10 mth old son pressed the flashy green lights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Just to let everyone know.. My xbox rrod'd but i'll be back to the league on wednesday when i get a lend of a console to carry me over til the repairs are all done..

Knackerdwarf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

ps i think the fixture list will not work at all and i also think it adds nothing to the league but we'll just have to wait and see.

I'll say this however, futureguy, please be prepared for the inevitable frustrations to come with the fixture list and please be willing to adapt to the players needs if it is not working out, cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

MackerelMan 4 The Dunne 2
    MackerelMan 3 livelyjojo 0
    MackerelMan 1 R0nBurgundee 0
    MackerelMan 3 Irish Wolverine 3
    MackerelMan 3 endakenny 0
    MackerelMan 4 Garak001 1

P6 W5 D1 L0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Well i've finally been defeated!!!

Was 5-0 down, and then i lost connection! I had a player sent off after about 10 mins which was a shocking decision!
    And im half pissed which never helps!!!!

But good game Marshem or whatever your name is!

No more drunk FIFA for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Is there a gameweek 4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sorry guys, week 4 thread opened. Apologies for delay. Really shi1tty weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

cadogs wrote: »
    Well i've finally been defeated!!!

Was 5-0 down, and then i lost connection! I had a player sent off after about 10 mins which was a shocking decision!
    And im half pissed which never helps!!!!

But good game Marshem or whatever your name is!

No more drunk FIFA for me!!

That is all very convenient alright that your connection dropped as soon as you went 5-0 down with 30mins left! The sending off was a tackle from behind that hacked rooney out of it, I was in only for it so a sending off isn't really that harsh now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

P W D L F A
    15 2 0 13 11 61

I've played :

livelyjojo
    Garball
    Mordant Shaun
    Rainyface
    Garak001
    Greenhawk88
    Marshjem
    Mackeralman
    The Dunne
    bennycon
    DigitalMoose
    Ronburgandy
    RichieMUFC
    Bubs180
    The Batman IRL

Gamertag: BATESY2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Seany834 (Liverpool) 4 - 2 TheDunne (Man U):D

P W L
    7 3 4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

DJ DigitalMoose 1-1 Irish Wolverene
    Man U v Liverpool

A reminder to myself not to play when seriously hungover!!!

Guys, don't think I won't omit unsporting people from future leagues who think they can get away with blatant attampts to take out the last man. I'll listen to both sides of each complaint, but when people are stupid enough to do it to me, they are looking for trouble. Take one of my recent games...

At a critical time in the game, not only does one of his defenders try to take me out, but a second one does aswell. It wasn't even a close thing. One on one with goal keeper and 2 defenders were 2-3 yards behind.

You know who you are. You have 3 other complaints against you. Cop on or look elsewhere next year.

m83 wrote: »
    ps i think the fixture list will not work at all and i also think it adds nothing to the league but we'll just have to wait and see.

I'll say this however, futureguy, please be prepared for the inevitable frustrations to come with the fixture list and please be willing to adapt to the players needs if it is not working out, cheers :)

Completely agree with you, which is why we wont be having fixtures. I will, however, be setting Fifa nights where people know there will be lots of opponents. First one is this Thursday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mr Moon wrote: »
    DJ DigitalMoose 1-1 Irish Wolverene
    Man U v Liverpool

A reminder to myself not to play when seriously hungover!!!

Ditto,although a better idea for me would have been not to play Future Guy the night before under the influence of alcohol to begin with :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

The apprentice is on tonight, so I'll be on the xbox from 9 if anyone is around, I have a load of games to play!!

I'm suggesting a game night tonight!!

I'll be on after 10pm if anyone is up for games!

Axwell wrote: »
    Ditto,although a better idea for me would have been not to play Future Guy the night before under the influence of alcohol to begin with :D

Thats my tactic this year...stay up at weekends until ungodly hours and pick off the drunks after they fall in from the pub :D: ;) :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Axwell wrote: »
    Irish Wolverine vs Mordant Shaun
    Liverpool Vs United
    0 - 11

Few chances for Liverpool but lost interest after 4 goals as this wasnt a football match but just use of a boring tactic, reminded me of the days in the older games of fifa just using drag backs to score all the time.

Ah bloody hell...

To be fair mate, there is not an ELEVEN goal difference between United and Liverpool. :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I have a bunch of games to catch up on so I'll be on tonight as well, around 10.30

Advertisement