Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn Parking Rant

Options
  • 29-11-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

What is the matter with the selfish, lazy, inconsiderate *"!$£%$^" who refuse to walk the extra, what, 20 steps? from the multi-story carpark down to the entrance of Superquinn and instead insist on parking:

1. On the road approaching the multistory - ITS A ROAD, YOU CANT JUST STOP THERE!!! and
    2. Perpendicular to the cars outside Superquinn just across from the entrance. Twice now (includign this morning) I've been hemmed in by some selfish, lazy, inconsiderate *"!$£%$^" and had to go back into the store to have the reg called out so the selfish, lazy, inconsiderate *"!$£%$^" can come out and move their car.

Sorry for ranting but this morning I was fit to kill someone, its so so LAZY!!!!. Its not like theres no other parking alternatives, theres a carpark just there!?!?!?!!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

eleMental wrote: »
    Perpendicular to the cars outside Superquinn just across from the entrance. Twice now (includign this morning) I've been hemmed in by some selfish, lazy, inconsiderate *"!$£%$^" and had to go back into the store to have the reg called out so the selfish, lazy, inconsiderate *"!$£%$^" can come out and move their car.

If you have the time, move your car and block theirs. Go for a walk or a cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

yes but the problem is i cant move my car because they are blocking me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

eleMental wrote: »
    yes but the problem is i cant move my car because they are blocking me in.
    And what about the lazy fat buggers who insist on using the disabled spots. Pure unadulerated scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I could never understand why they do that. I always use the multi-story and when I'm walking down the steps to enter the shop there is a queue of cars waiting for those spaces just out side the door. Fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

How about walking to the shop?

• Advertisement

Its a 20 minute walk from where i live so id rather not get soaked or freeze to death. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

By looking at the state of the metal posts outside Superquinn, I feel some people should be using the larger car park anyway..:rolleyes:

I was hoping that this thread wouldn't come to light as its been great using the empty top car park whilst other insist on waiting and squashing in to small spaces...

I was there a few weeks ago when a Garda car came in and parked along where the bollards are, as the were no spaces.. this meant a few people were unable to turn sharp enough to get out...

Only for the missus was with me and dragged me away back home, my blood was boiling and would of had a few words with them inc photos of this such parking..

Probably would of got myself a belt round the head anyways...

Oh before anyone says., they were getting a roll for their lunch and not on a call...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I was hoping that this thread wouldn't come to light as its been great using the empty top car park whilst other insist on waiting and squashing in to small spaces...

Yep!.......oops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

By looking at the state of the metal posts outside Superquinn, I feel some people should be using the larger car park anyway..:rolleyes:

I was there a few weeks ago when a Garda car came in and parked along where the bollards are, as the were no spaces.. this meant a few people were unable to turn sharp enough to get out...

Only for the missus was with me and dragged me away back home, my blood was boiling and would of had a few words with them inc photos of this such parking..

Oh before anyone says., they were getting a roll for their lunch and not on a call...

I know. Its so much easier to park up there. Dont understand the crush parking opposite the doors.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I know. Its so much easier to park up there. Dont understand the crush parking opposite the doors.
    Same reason as disabled parking scumbags. Laziness! Pure Laziness!

• Advertisement

Same reason as disabled parking scumbags. Laziness! Pure Laziness!

Think its roughly the same distance to walk, so its stupidity IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

You are all very judgemental!

I had a sick child in the car once and waited for a spot in front of the chemist so that she could stay in the car whilst I got her medicine.

I normally use the bigger car park but why would it irritate you where people park? Life's too short to sweat the small stuff.

Now the disabled spots is a different story - that does annoy me. It's selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

You are all very judgemental!

Read what was written. If you park behind other cars it blocks others getting out of their spaces. Thats the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

People who are perfectly well-abled always park in those disabled spaces, it's awful.

I work in Superquinn and one time a customer who was queueing, noticed that a woman had parked in a disabled space out of pure laziness. He starting going mad at her, saying she should have been ashamed of herself. He explained that he had a disabled child and it was atrocious to see people like her abusing the facilities for people who actually need them. Fair play, like.

xIsabelx wrote: »
    People who are perfectly well-abled always park in those disabled spaces, it's awful.

I work in Superquinn and one time a customer who was queueing, noticed that a woman had parked in a disabled space out of pure laziness. He starting going mad at her, saying she should have been ashamed of herself. He explained that he had a disabled child and it was atrocious to see people like her abusing the facilities for people who actually need them. Fair play, like.
    Could have been me. It wasn't though on that occasion. I do confess however to calling the man with the toupe in the convertible mercedes ''a fat loser''. And yes I did do that to his wiper blades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

My wife was witness to the best (or worst) ever last night down there. She was going to the shop just after 9 and there was a silver car parked perpendicular to 2 or 3 other properly parked cars in front of SuperQuinn. They were boxed in and couldn't get out. There were even other empty spaces there that the driver chose not to use! Nobody knew who owned it. Eventually pregnant woman with a few kids came out and got into it. When her parking was questioned she yelled "I'm pregnant, I can park where I want!"

Did you ever hear the likes!?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

My wife was witness to the best (or worst) ever last night down there. She was going to the shop just after 9 and there was a silver car parked perpendicular to 2 or 3 other properly parked cars in front of SuperQuinn. They were boxed in and couldn't get out. There were even other empty spaces there that the driver chose not to use! Nobody knew who owned it. Eventually pregnant woman with a few kids came out and got into it. When her parking was questioned she yelled "I'm pregnant, I can park where I want!"

Sheesh ,don't mess with those hormones !:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

I wholeheartedly agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

I'm afraid it's the way our society is heading in general. People aren't happy unless they can nearly back in the door it's the same in all car parks, people will drive round and round the first two rows trying to get a space rather than just going back a few rows and parking there. I can never figure it out

:eek: Glad I'm not her husband!

• Advertisement

Momentarily deviating from my usual politically correct self; I would conclude that perhaps she was a fat lazy cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

I noticed yesterday a fiat punto parked blocking some cars outside the pharmacy, this will probably sound awful, she was fairly obese but is it any surprise when shes obviously too lazy to walk a few extra feet!! I personally couldn't be bothered to park at those spots, I always just go to the other carpark, its way less hassle.

No! That doesn't sound awful! If you said she was a ''fat lazy cow'' that would be awful. But dont lose any sleep over it. And I suppose if she got her donuts a little quicker then the end justifies the means. Next time she will be bigger and will need to actually drive into superquinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

It's good to see that the parking issue doesn't bother you too much Hammie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

Not the same store but.... I walked to my local spar for milk a couple weeks ago and there's two disabled car park spaces right in front of the door and about 20 car park spaces in total (the furthest away from the door being about 10 metres). There were three cars in the entire car park, one of them being a garda car and that garda car was parked in the middle of the two disabled spaces (and they were inside getting rolls as well)!!! How can we expect anything more when the people who should be giving tickets to idiots and a-holes are doing the same things themselves???

Having my time back I would have taken a picture of it on my phone...next time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

cooperla wrote: »
    Not the same store but.... I walked to my local spar for milk a couple weeks ago and there's two disabled car park spaces right in front of the door and about 20 car park spaces in total (the furthest away from the door being about 10 metres). There were three cars in the entire car park, one of them being a garda car and that garda car was parked in the middle of the two disabled spaces (and they were inside getting rolls as well)!!! How can we expect anything more when the people who should be giving tickets to idiots and a-holes are doing the same things themselves???

Having my time back I would have taken a picture of it on my phone...next time!!!

You seam to forget... Guards are different to us, they can do what they want...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

They got a tip off that Osandwich Bin Ladin was in the shop they where simply investigating.

Yeh! Theres a few of them from a nearby estate that shop in SQ. There's Bin Liein, Bin Stealin and Bin Cheatin. There is a Bin workin also. No sign of him though!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Back on topic now please lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Bin enjoying this thread, (sorry md32, couldnt resist), I used to think I was the only one in Charlesland who was puzzled by the parking, this thread is very cathartic !

My particular favourite is the folks who park outside the hairdressers etc, it must be ten paces from the parking spaces to the door, boxing people in and making it difficult for traffic that has parked around the back to get out again, whywhywhy....maybe they are all pregnant lol

Advertisement