Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Melbourne June 2009

Options
  • 29-11-2008 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi All

i have just booked my tickets to Austrillia for June 09 for a working holiday for 1 year, at the moment it looks as if i will be travelling alone, so i was wondering if there are any other solo travellers out there that would like to meet up on Route.

my itinerary is:
    01/06/2009 Dublin - Frankfurt
    01/06/2009 Frankfurt - Singapore
    02/06/2009 Singapore - Melbourne

Also im planning on staying in Thailand for 1 month on the way back.

im Staying at Base hostel in melbourne, so any advise on that hostel would be great.

Thanks for your help.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

OP, don't worry thousands of people travel alone, and the hostel you are staying with is a friendly place and arrange nights out etc

so if you are friendly outgoing person, you will meet others in the same boat!

Also, bring plenty of warm clothes Melbourne will be cold in the winter - I. and a number of other people, had no idea Melbourne & Sydney get cold!
    They also don't really have heating over here, so jumpers are essential

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

+1 - the weather can turn cold and crap, and the heating is terrible so you really do need to wrap up well. Plus Melbourne really does do four seasons in one day - so you're best off with a t-shirt, jumper and jacket so you can strip up and down accordingly - and stick a brolly in your handbag* (10 years of drought my arse).

*Edit: unless you're a bloke, in which case make some other provision for not getting rained on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Melbourne really does do four seasons in one day...
    Had to laugh at a friend from Bendigo complaining about Melbourne weather (and traffic). It is the whole of an hour and a half drive from here but to her it may as well have been a different country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Sounds like Ireland. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Melburnians love to moan about the weather. In winter they complain when its cold (not like the cold in Ireland) but by the time summer kicks in they are bitching about the 36 degree heat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement