Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla

Options
  • 29-11-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am thinking of getting a corrolla hatchback listed at €12995. Does anyone have any experience with these cars. I heard there reliable enough. Also how much should I start the bidding if I have cash in hand to buy it and what would be the maximum you would spend on it if pushed so far i.e 11 grand etc. I don't really want to go more then 11. I also have a 1999 Nissan Micra to selll but I don't think they take trades ins. The micra has only 61000 miles on the clock and is in excellent condition. Cheers

http://www.denismahony.com/searchresults.htm?cardetail=2011eaf776f8027d2ead517d1e6fee40&make=Toyota&year=*&pricerange=*&newused=*&dealer=*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

billyhead wrote: »
    Folks,

I am thinking of getting a corrolla hatchback listed at €12995. Does anyone have any experience with these cars. I heard there reliable enough. Also how much should I start the bidding if I have cash in hand to buy it and what would be the maximum you would spend on it if pushed so far i.e 11 grand etc. I don't really want to go more then 11. I also have a 1999 Nissan Micra to selll but I don't think they take trades ins. The micra has only 61000 miles on the clock and is in excellent condition. Cheers

http://www.denismahony.com/searchresults.htm?cardetail=2011eaf776f8027d2ead517d1e6fee40&make=Toyota&year=*&pricerange=*&newused=*&dealer=*

you should have no problem getting it for 11.

But I would get a 5 door

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

5 door should be a better sale in two years time, but if you like a three door go for it. You shouldn't have any problem with 11000-11500.

Also, keep your micra, sell it privately. Don't trade it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

3 door Corollas are always highly sought after. especially Strata/Luna models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    3 door Corollas are always highly sought after. especially Strata/Luna models.

How is that? I myself can't see any reason why there would be demand for a 3 door bland mobile.

VolvoMan wrote: »
    How is that? I myself can't see any reason why there would be demand for a 3 door bland mobile.

I thought as much myself, but like everything, if there's a market there for it, it'll sell. And i think Colm sells Toyota's so he's in the know how :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

3 door Corolla models are sought by younger people, because they're relatively rare, they always find a home. They're also percieved as being sporty.

You probably can't see why the Corolla is such a good seller in the first place.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    3 door Corolla models are sought by younger people, because they're relatively rare, they always find a home. They're also percieved as being sporty.

You probably can't see why the Corolla is such a good seller in the first place.

Could you not have written something longer for the 9000th :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I can't see why anyone would go wild for a black golf but it seems to be the car of choice for well off 17 year old lads for their dad to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Out of interest, how much would you guys pay for a Corolla '02 Hatchback about 70,000kms. Advertised at 6.500. BTW I heard Jeremy Clarkson described the Corolla as 'bland' recently. I know some people take his word as Gospel so some might change their opinion now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

I wouldn't give a penny above ten grand for that car. Don;t buy now wait until January when the country will be frozen and car sales will be dime a dozen. I'd even try get that car for €9 to €9.5k which is around its true value, they are bland tin cans which used to be reliable sometime up until around 1997 after that forget it.

Toyota's are overpriced in this country and I'd hold tough as alot of dealers are under savage pressure now. Alot of them are trying to clear stock at cost or a small loss in an attempt to downscale operations. Bully the dealer show cash and walk away as neccesary, those cars are common as muck and are not rare and can be got anywhere. The car is four years old and if you don;t get value here I'd advise you import from the UK, although Toyota's are not a big commodity there as the Brits now their cars and Bland Japmobiles are not exactly on the UK shopping list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

mumhaabu wrote: »
    I wouldn't give a penny above ten grand for that car. Don;t buy now wait until January when the country will be frozen and car sales will be dime a dozen. I'd even try get that car for €9 to €9.5k which is around its true value, they are bland tin cans which used to be reliable sometime up until around 1997 after that forget it.
    ya deffo i agree

but you wont get anything for that micra
    maybe a fiver if your lucky...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Why not import something like this at €5700 (calculated on a less favourable rate than current) and VRT is €2,700 and factor in €500 expenses and you would have yourself a similar* car for €8,400. And you may even get it for less as I factored in a worse exchange rate and your expenses may be less than €500 depending on flights & ferry and whether overnight it. It would be €4,600 less than the Irish price or roughly 36% cheaper in London.

www.ryanair.com
    www.irishferries.ie
    https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showVRT

Be a Patriot :pac:

*Not sure if this is a "Strata" model or not.

Advertisement