Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value an 07 Passat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

The first thing that strikes me is that it is a 1.6 Petrol Estate.

I haven't driven an FSi engine but it does seem a lot to ask of a 1.6 at first glance. Also I'd imagine the vast majority of these will be diesels so resale will probably be tough.

Another point affecting resale is that the Irish don't generally go for estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

It's a 1.6 Automatic Estate, in fire-engine red, with steel wheels - that is going to be treated very hard at trade-in time. You'd want to make sure that you get really sharp pricing on it.

It's €33,500 new, so you're gettin €10k knocked off the top for it being a year old...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The 1.6 is 33,500 new, thats mad.

That must have been ordered for someone who then cancelled. Id say they are very stuck with this.
    I would pay about 19,000 straight max.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

We're thinking €18,000 maybe a touch more. Does that sound fair? Here's a car that attracts me more, tbh: http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1262552

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

mate of mine brought in a 07 Passat Saloon 1.9TDi earlier in the year from UK for 18k.

I think if he has cash, this would be a route to go.

TBH, there are better estates out there. If he's adamant on petrol, then there is a great choice over here

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1242353
    http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1045122

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Yea I agree, UK best value. How about Toyota Avensis estate?

Thanks to all so far. The Audi's too old and too tacky, an Accord or an Avensis might be a runner but it'd have to be auto and cheaper/newer than that one (the 05 Forester auto with less mileage is €4,500 less). Essentially what he's looking for is a very new/low mileage safe, reliable, slowish, automatic estate. I'm not arsed going to the UK unless there's a lot of money to be saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Anan1 wrote: »
    Thanks to all so far. The Audi's too old and too tacky, an Accord or an Avensis might be a runner but it'd have to be auto and cheaper/newer than that one (the 05 Forester auto with less mileage is €4,500 less). Essentially what he's looking for is a very new/low mileage safe, reliable, slowish, automatic estate. I'm not arsed going to the UK unless there's a lot of money to be saved.

There is an auto Accord in there aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

The Audi's too old and too tacky,

:confused::confused:

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    There is an auto Accord in there aswell
    I can't see any at the same age/price point though, I do see two 04s for €18-19k, but they're too old and too expensive.
    bigkev49 wrote: »
    :confused::confused:
    What can I say - they're not the lowered/black windows/big wheels types.;)

This has to be either very new or sub-30k kms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

How about a Volvo V70?: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volvo/V70/D5-SE-Bi/200847190920606/advert

This one has the excellent D5 engine with Auto and Bi-Xenon and it would certainly be a lot easier to sell than a red 1.6 litre Passat estate in a few years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

It'd be value for 15k, no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It'd be value for 15k, no more.

OH dear god, i would love to know where you get yours prices. That is complete madness. You have absolutely no knowledge of the car market. You might get one cheaper in the UK, but you have wild idea's on prices. I'd love to see people gets cars for ANY of the prices you give.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,458 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's a lot of sense in what niceirishfella's saying. Fair enough, if you actually want/need a 1.6 DSG estate in red - but who does?

It'd be good value at 15k, but woeful at anything near the asking price.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There's a lot of sense in what niceirishfella's saying. Fair enough, if you actually want/need a 1.6 DSG estate in red - but who does?

It'd be good value at 15k, but woeful at anything near the asking price.

15k? You can't be seriously backing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,458 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah no, it's worth more than that, It only has a few hundred miles after all.

Would you pay 20k for it though?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ah no, it's worth more than that, It only has a few hundred miles after all.

Would you pay 20k for it though?

Not twenty, it's worth 18-19 though easily. That specific car is only worth that if some one is looking for an estate auto. I don't know what they were thinking day one when they registered it.

OH dear god, i would love to know where you get yours prices. That is complete madness. You have absolutely no knowledge of the car market. You might get one cheaper in the UK, but you have wild idea's on prices. I'd love to see people gets cars for ANY of the prices you give.

Limerick-Man, you are sooooo wrong. I worked in the trade for over a decade in all area, sales,rental,servicing,valeting, the worx - i know my potatoes, and still do trade and I'm wheeling and dealing currently on these prices daily. You don't know me or by background, so how can you say i have no knowledge of the car market you utter UTTER fool.

I'd like an apology?????

So are we thinking €18-19k is ok?

Limerick-Man, you are sooooo wrong. I worked in the trade for over a decade in all area, sales,rental,servicing,valeting, the worx - i know my potatoes, and still do trade and I'm wheeling and dealing currently on these prices daily. You don't know me or by background, so how can you say i have no knowledge of the car market you utter UTTER fool.

I'd like an apology?????

You can be working in the trade for fifty years, i know people who are, and who have absolutely no idea of the market, or the value of cars. Your value's are way off.

• Advertisement

You can be working in the trade for fifty years, i know people who are, and who have absolutely no idea of the market, or the value of cars. Your value's are way off.

errmmm, LOL....I'm not in the trade 50 years .read my post again grass hopper.

errmmm, LOL....I'm not in the trade 50 years .read my post again grass hopper.

Ermmmmmm read my post again? I said i know people who are in the market that long, and haven't a clue. Ie. your experience has no relevance.

I said i know people who are in the market that long, and haven't a clue.

like your goodself:rolleyes:. I've seen some of your posts re prices too and you are not at the cutting edge of daily cash trade pricing (in a reseccion)and wheeling and dealing i can deduce. Its the kettle calling the pot black in your case grass hopper.:P

I said i know people who are in the market that long, and haven't a clue.

like your goodself:rolleyes:. I've seen some of your posts re prices too and you are not at the cutting edge of daily cash trade pricing (in a reseccion)and wheeling and dealing i can deduce. Its the kettle calling the pot black in your case grass hopper.:P

Striaght deal prices? I know the kinda fella you are. Your the fella who walks into a dealership, likes a car they have. It's ten grand over priced but since you like that one, you think you will get the ten grand off because it's a straight deal. Any prices i give are in relevance to a specific car. If your going to try and pass insults off you go, but the likes of you calling me something through a keyboard make me laugh to be honest.

We were asked what we thought that Pasat could be bought for. 15K? I laugh at you.

Striaght deal prices? I know the kinda fella you are. Your the fella who walks into a dealership, likes a car they have. It's ten grand over priced but since you like that one, you think you will get the ten grand off because it's a straight deal. Any prices i give are in relevance to a specific car. If your going to try and pass insults off you go, but the likes of you calling me something through a keyboard make me laugh to be honest.

We were asked what we thought that Pasat could be bought for. 15K? I laugh at you.

Gary, Breath in, and out, and in and out...........you ok now :)- hope so, you seem a bit tense and would up there and losing the arguement. And you don't know the kinda fella I'am. I'm a business professional who worked in the trade for over 10 years and still do on the fringes :P
    Truth is, a root grower of a car like that can be gotten for that kinda deal. I acutally have dealt with the GM there in that dealership and he's open the deals i can assure you - so i have an informed opinion but one you don't rate which is fair enough.:o

End of debate with you and good luck to ya.:P

Gary, Breath in, and out, and in and out...........you ok now :)- hope so, you seem a bit tense and would up there and losing the arguement. And you don't know the kinda fella I'am. I'm a business professional who worked in the trade for over 10 years and still do on the fringes :P
    Truth is, a root grower of a car like that can be gotten for that kinda deal. I acutally have dealt with the GM there in that dealership and he's open the deals i can assure you - so i have an informed opinion but one you don't rate which is fair enough.:o
    I have no further comment to you.
    End of debate with you and good luck to ya.:P

Dear god you can't be serious... Oh now i know the kind you meet on forums. I'm sure if you know that fella, he won't take 9k of a car he's had as a demo since the start of 07, which coupled with interest etc. etc. is costing him aot more than that. I think your childish, and i don't really care if you post after this, i'm going to ignore it. You've already said your piece, i know what your like. I'll leave it at that. I wish the best of luck to you in your future, and i hope i never come across you in person, through business.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭bf

I have a 07 Passat 1.6 FSI Comfortline and was thinking of changing recently - garages that were taking trade ins were generally offering an average of €16 - €17k for it.

The plus for that car is the lack of mileage and the DSG box, negatives the colour, lack of alloys...

Factoring in the trade in prices above and the fact that the garage have to make a profit I would say €18.5k is a reasonable offer...

Dear god you can't be serious... Oh now i know the kind you meet on forums. I'm sure if you know that fella, he won't take 9k of a car he's had as a demo since the start of 07, which coupled with interest etc. etc. is costing him aot more than that. I think your childish, and i don't really care if you post after this, i'm going to ignore it. You've already said your piece, i know what your like. I'll leave it at that. I wish the best of luck to you in your future, and i hope i never come across you in person, through business.

Well Done Gary, you got the last word - one of little use, but the last word.

So are we thinking €18-19k is ok?

I think so too. It all depends when you go in and suss them out, they might not be in dire straights yet, and mightn't want to lose that much yet:D. Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

Will do, thanks to all and sorry for any trouble i've started...;)

Advertisement