Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value an 07 Passat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Anan1 wrote: »
    So are we thinking €18-19k is ok?

You'll not sleep well if you don't go in and start @ 15k for starters and possibly save 3k. A deals a deal - you'll be surprised what discount can be achieved in this enviroment regardless of comment here. You can only ask:)

ohhhh, and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

One other quick question - did that car have the DSG gearbox? Parkers is saying the 1.6 had a tiptronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,458 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anyone think it's odd that the car is CE reg and being sold in Kilkenny? If it was a cancelled order, the car could have been de-reg'd. It's also late 2007 reg for Clare.

Can anyone confirm that it's actually been in stock since 2007?

Good point on the DSG too, advert doesn't mention DSG, and I didn't think they did it on the 1.6 either.

My conspiracy theory involves a rental company and a crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Their site wrote:
    Genuine Used Car Clearance Sale

No Gimmicks..
    No Vouchers..
    No TV'S...

JUST PRICE !!!!!!

No Reasonable Offers Will Be Refused

Trade Ins Welcome

Finance Arranged
    (subject to status, terms and conditions)

I didn't think any rental companies had CE regs? Unless your talking about lease cars.

Edit: Anything nice for your 9,000th post Colm:D

colm_mcm wrote: »
    My conspiracy theory involves a rental company and a crash.

+1 - Agreed. It does look like a ex-rental, steel wheels, stationwagon, and auto for the yanks off the plane wanting an auto station wagon in Shannon??? .Probably clocked too (rife in rental i know personally). Lots of cars in rental are CE reg's based in Shannon.

• Advertisement

+1 - Agreed. It does look like a ex-rental, steel wheels and auto for the yanks off the plane wanting an auto in shannon??? .Probably clocked too (rife in rental i know personally).

Lol! Clocked back to 300kms?? Lol, very beilievable;)

Lol! Clocked back to 300kms?? Lol, very beilievable;)

Limerick man (gary) just does not get it, does he??? :rolleyes:LOL LOL LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 65,456 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Before I read any comment here, I was going to say offer €18k, but you mightn't get it for that as the seller might not want to face up to todays realities. He'd need to be very desperate to accept €15k, but some of them are - isn't this really the point niceirishfella is trying to make?
    did that car have the DSG gearbox?

Yes it's DSG

As for a crash - you'll need someone with access to PULSE to check that out ;)

Limerick man (gary) just does not get it, does he??? :rolleyes:LOL LOL LOL

Lol, what ever chance you have of clocking something from 60 to 40, or like wise. But trying to make some one believe a car has 300km's, would be a hard task. If would want to have absolutely no wear. And as a rental, that's surely impossible.

I could check if it's crashed, but they changed the password during the week for our account, and i don't remember it lol.

• Advertisement

I would think 18k to 19k would be a reasonable but I have seen some serious reductions on cars recently so chance your arm. I was in at an Auction in Tom Hogans in Galway a few weeks ago and they let a brand new(canceled fleet order)Lexus is250 top spec go for 32.5K, the list price for the car was around the 50k mark.

Can only find info on the 1.4 Tsi being available in Dsg.

All the 1.6 fsi's i've found lead to just a tiptronic.

http://www.whatgreencar.com/view-car/18474/vw-passat_saloon-1_6_FSI_Tiptronic_115ps

• Registered Users Posts: 51,247 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Car rental companies generally don't buy or register cars so it doesn't matter whether they are based in Clare or not. They take them on short term lease. It is possible the leasing company has some connection with the local VAG dealer ie a subsidiary of the dealership or they simply leased directly from the local VAG dealer. This would explain the CE reg.

Also the DSG box has has DSG letters at the base of the stick shift:

03VWgolfdsg7spd.jpg

Tiptrontic:
    CB4_1178422_8_712697.jpg

Just out of curiousity, what car is that DSG pic of? Do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,456 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That makes me doubt my previous statement about it being DSG. I thought all automatics for the current model with the 1.6FSI petrol engines were DSG and conventional tiptronic wasn't an option but I am clearly wrong!

Don't DSG levers usually have a chrome bit on the top?

DSG
    CB4_1266956_8_1023484.jpg

Non DSG
    no-image-large.gif

CB4_1093583_5_440243.jpg

EDIT: Bazz beat me to it! at least my pics are of a Passat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,247 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just out of curiousity, what car is that DSG pic of? Do you know?

It's a US spec Jetta afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

One other quick question - did that car have the DSG gearbox? Parkers is saying the 1.6 had a tiptronic.

The 1.6 FSI Passat had a 6 speed tiptronic box. It never had the DSG option.

Would that be similar to the Audi Multitronic box. Drove an A4 130bhp with that box and I'd swear it was faster than a manual.

• Advertisement

Would that be similar to the Audi Multitronic box. Drove an A4 130bhp with that box and I'd swear it was faster than a manual.

Drove a TT with the Dsg today, unbelievable box.

Yeah, hired out an Octavia 2.0 TDI DSG for a week last year, it was excellent.

Yeah, hired out an Octavia 2.0 TDI DSG for a week last year, it was excellent.

This was a 2.0 turbo, same engine as the gti i presume. Very, quick. Paddle shift as well.

Multironic is CVT. Tiptronic is the same as Steptonic, Geartronic etc. Audi offers Tiptronic boxes if you choose a quattro model, and Multitronic for FWD cars, while S-tronic is offered on certain cars models regardless of whether they have quattro or not(DSG).

I agree with the others that DSG is brilliant, the future of gearboxes in non hybrid cars at least. Dare I say it I think it's better than a proper manual box, and as some people here know, I can never understand why anyone who claims to be interested in cars would ever even consider anything other than a proper manual box.

E92 wrote: »
    Multironic is CVT. Tiptronic is the same as Steptonic, Geartronic etc. Audi offers Tiptronic boxes if you choose a quattro model, and Multitronic for FWD cars, while S-tronic is offered on certain cars models regardless of whether they have quattro or not(DSG).

I agree with the others that DSG is brilliant, the future of gearboxes in non hybrid cars at least. Dare I say it I think it's better than a proper manual box, and as some people here know, I can never understand why anyone who claims to be interested in cars would ever even consider anything other than a proper manual box.

I was reading today actually that the Dsg (wet clutch) is being replaced by a dry plated clutch in the 122 bhp TSI engine. Now i had absolutely no understanding of that but surely they can be changing it lol:D
    Apparently it's more economical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Good point on the DSG too, advert doesn't mention DSG, and I didn't think they did it on the 1.6 either.

I'm 99% sure it's not DSG. I looked it up on the system earlier when Anan first posted and it was described as 1.6FSI A/T - normally it would say DSG if it was DSG (normally, but not always...).

Edit: beaten to it many times...

I was reading today actually that the Dsg (wet clutch) is being replaced by a dry plated clutch in the 122 bhp TSI engine. Now i had absolutely no understanding of that but surely they can be changing it lol:D
    Apparently it's more economical.

All it means is that the clutch design is different, in the same way you have interference engines and non interference engines, or wet sump and dry sump engines, or air cooled and water cooled; at the end of the day whether it's a dry clutch or a wet clutch it's going to do the exact same thing and you're still gonna get lightening quick gearchanges which is what makes DSG so good. A wet clutch will last longer, and give smoother gearchanges, but a dry clutch is more energy efficient and therefore more power gets to the wheels.

E92 wrote: »
    All it means is that the clutch design is different, in the same way you have interference engines and non interference engines, or wet sump and dry sump engines, or air cooled and water cooled; at the end of the day whether it's a dry clutch or a wet clutch it's going to do the exact same thing and you're still gonna get lightening quick gearchanges which is what makes DSG so good.

How bad, any idea of the flappy padal is standard? Lol if that's the correct name for it:D

bazz26 wrote: »
    Car rental companies generally don't buy or register cars so it doesn't matter whether they are based in Clare or not. They take them on short term lease. It is possible the leasing company has some connection with the local VAG dealer ie a subsidiary of the dealership or they simply leased directly from the local VAG dealer. This would explain the CE reg.

Not entirely correct. Some Car rental co's do indeed buy and register their cars. But Bazz is correct in saying some don't either:) - no bothers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Not entirely correct. Some Car rental co's do indeed buy and register their cars. But Bazz is correct in saying some don't either:) - no bothers!

Well considering ICR and Dooley's have retail bases the companies would of course buy and register their cars, but you'll find most source cars local to their bases or with particular dealers like Bolands.

Advertisement