Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Value an 07 Passat

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

The car only has 500kms, so I don't think being an ex-Hire Drive is an issue in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

He ended up doing a deal on this at €18,500 serviced & delivered to Dublin this morning. I gave it a good going-over, it's effectively a new car. Thanks again to all for the help & advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,247 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sounds like a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,456 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote: »
    He ended up doing a deal on this at €18,500 serviced & delivered to Dublin this morning. I gave it a good going-over, it's effectively a new car. Thanks again to all for the help & advice.

Thanks for the feedback!

So is it a DSG or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

ninty9er wrote: »
    Well considering ICR and Dooley's have retail bases the companies would of course buy and register their cars, but you'll find most source cars local to their bases or with particular dealers like Bolands.

Bolands own Hertz Ireland so that explains why you see a lot of Hertz cars with Bolands surrounds on them etc..

Sounds like a decent price he got, well done to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

unkel wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback!

So is it a DSG or not?

Not apparenty.

Was talking to an Audi dealer friend OP, and he said anywhere between 18-19k so sounds like a good deal.

Best of luck to them and all that.

It's not DSG i'm afraid, it's a 6 speed tiptronic. Not an ex-rental either, I had a look at the VLC. Just one elderly owner who fell ill shortly after buying it apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Sounds good so.
    I have one reservation tho' - in a matter of weeks this car would be one year older on paper and cheaper again with more haggle power. Why did he buy this side of 2008?

Sounds good so.
    I have one reservation tho' - in a matter of weeks this car would be one year older on paper and cheaper again with more haggle power. Why did he buy this side of 2008?
    He wanted the car now, I suppose.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Fair enough!
    May he wear it well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Fair enough!
    May he wear it well.

I'm sure he will wear it very well at that price;)

Well done on the price, while achievable I'm sure the dealer didn't give up too easy, and a non-suspecting buyer might have paid more.

Advertisement