Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Cash Left Over

Options
  • 29-11-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

Couldn't find an answer on other forums. I'm with Liverpool, (won the league, awhoooo) I have €8M left over at the end of the season, If I dont spend it in June will it matter for next season?

This season they gave me €26m I think, if I keep the €8M will that give me €26M plus the €8M or will they just give me the €26M next season again.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Sevenie wrote: »
    Hi,

Couldn't find an answer on other forums. I'm with Liverpool, (won the league, awhoooo) I have €8M left over at the end of the season, If I dont spend it in June will it matter for next season?

This season they gave me €26m I think, if I keep the €8M will that give me €26M plus the €8M or will they just give me the €26M next season again.

Thanks

I know in 08 you got to keep what you didnt spend.
    Remember playing with Arsenal and after 2 seasons I had like 100 million to spend in the transfer market before my third season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You will keep it but be warned, if there is a large balance the directors will pay themselves dividends.

Greedy feckers at Newcastle used to pay themselves £7million per year and I'd often have 20-30 million left over each season

That money is gone and you don't get any benefit from it

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

thanks

yeah i got to keep the money alright, but Yep, the took €17m in dividends, bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Does it not go into satisfaction of how your job is going, stature etc

There must be some benefit when dividends are paid out??

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

I was mistaken when I said I got the Cash Left over for the mex year, I didn't. Just got whatever they were giving me for the next season. But any transfers I had done before the end of season (Player not joining until Window open) that money came out of the previous year, did that make sense.

I dont know if the money left over does reflect good on your management, dont think the board cares, only thing they seem to be happy about is keeping the Wage budget low.

• Advertisement
Advertisement