Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a car - Wrecking my head

Options
  • 29-11-2008 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Im looking around cork for a diesel car, for around 10,000 euro (around the size of a mondeo/passat or maybe a focus) and just dont know where to look, Im thinking of a dealer for a warranty, but maybe that`s useless to me anyway, should I be looking for private sales to save a bit ? Looking on carzone, nothing strikes me as really good value, at the moment prices seem to have gone up from when i was looking a few weeks back. So, does anybody have any advice for a confused and annoyed buyer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Look on www.cbg.ie too, i'd prefer to buy privately but don't bother looking at anything without a full, verified (call the garages) service history. Take your time, there are far more sellers than buyers out there at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Take a trip up to merlin auctions in Nass on wednesday auction 7pm. If you don't buy here you'll certainly go away well educated on what 10 k will buy you at the moment !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

p.s. lots of stuff a t merlin under manufacturers warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Car-dealer

Hi

if you want to give me a pm message I could point you to a view cars that I think are excellent value for money in your price range,

I think something like a Volvo V50 sportwagon diesel is not far off your budget, also ford focus would certainly come in on budget, but Id recommend the Volvos - much better car and 58.9 mpg - super economy.

Advertisement