Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gel Nails!!

• 29-11-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey guys..:D
    Im new to this boards thing. Just wondering has anyone very got gel nails done before??:rolleyes:
    I got mine done over two weeks ago and got them off yest but my natural nail is in such bad condition....its all scratched,still has gel on it and very weak..:mad:
    Does anyone no what you can do with them???Iv been buffing them loads to try and get the scratches out but no luck!!!
    Any help would be brill. Thanks guys!!!!:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i get mine done every three weeks for years. im afriad to get them off as i know my nails will be wrecked! the best thing for you to do is get some almond oil in the chemist and rub this into your nails/fingers three times a day. this helps stop splitting/cracking and will mositen the nail bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lindmc21

ok thats bril, thanks for your help!!...Ya i wasnt scared till i got them off...:mad: Hope you'rs dont be as bad a mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got gel nails and this happened. Turned out the girl was just incompetant. My nails were so thin and sore. Ended up getting some to cover the nail over again for a few weeks until my nail grew back. Hope that doesn't happen to you though!

o god!!:eek:
    What did you get to cover the nails after you got the gels off?? Ya mine are super thin and some are very sore to touch:(
    Thanks for the help:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i noticed a great set today in m&s. it was intensive hand cream, gloves that you put on your hands over night when sleeping and nail oil. repares hands/nails while sleeping! i think it was only 11.50 or something along that line. had a couple of other bits and pieces in it also. unfortunatly any beautitian will tell you that when gel nails come off your own nails wont be in the best of condition. the price we pay for beauty! try taking a supplement to help speed up the healing process, something like Perfectil. this is a very good supplement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

i got them done for my 21st(first time ever!) and i will never have them done again. my bday was the end of august and my nails are ONLY NOW back to normal. they were weak, flaky and soft for months after.
    I also had to have them re-done after the first girl didn't put enough gel on and they broke within days. Broadway nails from now on methinks!

o really..That sounds like a good think that you keep them on while you sleep. Heading to cork in the morn so defo going to get that. Gonna try anything now hopefuly to sort them quick! When i got them done the beautican told me go for the gels instead of acrylics as they ruin your nails and you'r nails in alot of better condition after gel's so i cant even imagen what your nails would be like after acrylics!!!!!!!

One of my nails broke off so i got the rest of them taken off.Lucky it broke off coz i was gonna keep them on for over chistmas. Yup broadways from now as well for me!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lbyrne

I've been getting gel nails for years, they shouldn't really damage your nails. Damage is normally done by a nail technician not the gel. You should try Polish Nail in Naas, they are brilliant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Don't drag up old threads, thanks. I'm pretty sure the OP got it figured out by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement