Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keane to go?

• 29-11-2008 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Ok its half-time but 3-1 down at home to Bolton. I could see Keane walking this evening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

3-1? :eek:

It was 1-0 to Sunderland and then I switched over
    I'm missing a cracker of a game :(

His contract is up at the end of the season.
    I don't like Pat Dolans looooooove affair with Roy Keane. He's like Dunphy, not objective at all on this subject, wouldn't tolerate any contrary views on Setanta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If they come back in the second half and win I'm personally going to come after you and kill you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Tomthepost wrote: »
    I could see Keane walking this evening.

Only if Triggs needs some exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

God people are obsessed with this man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Unearthly wrote: »

Why bother contributing if it upsets you so much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Unearthly wrote: »

I put it down to the widespread availability of the bible and general fear of the afterlife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Why bother contributing if it upsets you so much!

You mis understood me
    Pigman II wrote: »
    I put it down to the widespread availability of the bible and general fear of the afterlife.

Now here is a man on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

OK it's 4-1 now to Bolton. The OP might be on to something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Talk on fivelive that Keane has the look of a man who might decide 100 games in charge is enough. If he did walk away then any pretence to top level managment is over.

I still have a fiver on PP that he'd be the next to walk

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Has a touch of the Kevin Keegans about him imo.

• Advertisement

terrible manager. The players he has brought in are hidious. Good riddance

He's bought a lot of junk but he still has enough to win games with, its him rather than Cisse, Jones, Richardson, Reid etc.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

No chance of him walking you loo-lahs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Has a touch of the Kevin Keegans about him imo.

Balls to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

tune in tomorrow for the weekly stephen ireland thread after the manc derby. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He was interviewed on SSN this morning and apparently he's pretty much made up his mind he'll be leaving at the end of the season.

That's 2 games in a row he took off Malbranque and Reid together. Reid was poor today but was playing very well on Sunday.

Their central midfield is a joke.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    He was interviewed on SSN this morning and apparently he's pretty much made up his mind he'll be leaving at the end of the season.

That's 2 games in a row he took off Malbranque and Reid together. Reid was poor today but was playing very well on Sunday.

Their central midfield is a joke.

reid is terrible this season, thats why I'm suprised when everyone is up in arms thats hes not playing for Ireland.

Trappatoni is dead right not to pick him imo

Nah its fine as it is. :D

(dang Piggy deletes his mis-directed post so makes this look random!)

Mike

Balls to that.

Sorry mate :) actually have lots of time for Keegan and think he would have done a good job for you, better than Joe Kinnear imo who the media seems to love now.

mike65 wrote: »
    Nah its fine as it is. :D

Mike

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Sorry mate :) actually have lots of time for Keegan and think he would have done a good job for you, better than Joe Kinnear imo who the media seems to love now.

Fair enough.

Had Keegan been given the freedom and budget Keane has, we could well have been sitting top 6 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So this is the future huh? Every time Sunderland win or draw, you guys remain hidden. And then if they lose - ZOMG HE'S GOING TO BE SACKED!!!!!!!

Given that they figure to lose 35 - 40% of their games this year, this is going to grow tiresome. And quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lost a lot lot more than that this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lost a lot lot more than that this season.

Yeah, you're right. It could be as high as 50% at seasons end.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Keanes ever expanding facial hair :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I am surprised no one has mentioned Keanes ever expanding facial hair :eek:

He's the new Tommy Tiernan, too much, too young.

He is either going back to nature or on the run.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

he's always had a bit of facial hair every now and again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

It reminds me a bit of Fidel Castro's beard.
    "We got punished again for three bad mistakes. We stopped playing after we scored and we gave some daft goals away which you can't legislate for. Maybe the players were lacking some confidence, especially at the end. They must lift themselves now."

Doesn't seem like the words of a man ready to step down, plus Quinn is not man enough to sack him.
    Still they are only four points of 8th position.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    He is either going back to nature or on the run.

Mike

He's just going thru his Orson Welles phase.

wellesbig.gif

"You're right, I did lose a million dollars last year. I expect to lose a million dollars this year. I expect to lose a million dollars *next* year. "

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Interesting to read people's opinions on Keane, those of you that actually added something :P

To me he just has changed as a manager, players he wouldn't tolerate now are the only players he can attract to Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I've seen little sign that he's good at signing players. That's a fairly major flaw in a guy whose signed such vast numbers of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

From skysports.com
    Sunderland manager Roy Keane admits he is considering his future at the Stadium of Light.
    The Black Cats surrendered the lead to lose 4-1 at home to Bolton on Saturday to stoke speculation over Keane's future.
    Rumour has consistently linked Keane with the Sunderland exit over the course of the season and the former Manchester United star hinted on Friday that he could leave at the end of the campaign.
    But the defeat to Bolton was Sunderland's third successive loss at home and Keane has now suggested that he is constantly assessing life on Wearside.
    "I ask myself every single day if I am the right man for Sunderland," he said.
    Honest

"I asked myself this morning and I said that I was. Tomorrow morning if the answer's no we will have to look at it.
    "I have to be honest in my assessment. It's not about what's best for Roy Keane. It's Sunderland football club.
    "I might wake up on Monday morning and think I'm the right man. On Tuesday it might be different.
    "I'm the manager of this football club and ultimately I'm responsible and I've never shied away from that.
    "That's part of being a manager and that's why I take full responsibility for today and the run we're on and everything else."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Im just taking this opportunity to congratulate myself for starting this thread at 15.53 last Saturday:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Im just taking this opportunity to congratulate myself for starting this thread at 15.53 last Saturday:D

Good call Tom,
    Well spotted, what odds did you get at PP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Drinks are on Tom!

Heino for me, and a jagerbomb while you're at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I think most people could have guessed this was going to happen, In 2002 he instigated events which lead to his departure, At the end of his Man Utd career he slag’s off other players which lead to his departure and not with Sunderland he as manufactured his own departure, by text.

Roy you’re no Alex Ferguson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Dave! wrote: »
    Drinks are on Tom!

Heino for me, and a jagerbomb while you're at it!

Say a mod of "non drinkers group"! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

not surprised at all, Hmm I wonder was it a coincidence that it happens just before they were due to play manu !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

podge018 wrote: »
    No chance of him walking you loo-lahs.

just felt this needed to be quoted for posterity

• Advertisement
Advertisement