Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlton Redcastle hotel Inishowen

Options
  • 29-11-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any info on this hotel? I booked this hotel for 3 nights over New Years for myself and my boyfriend. We're not exactly looking for anything mad but i'm worried it might be too remote.
    Is it miles out from any town? I can't find much info online so i thought someone here might have an idea. Thanks for any info :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It is remote as such Dont know the hotel too well and Im just vaguely familiar with the area but you are about 20 minutes drive from Derry and maybe about 10 minutes to Moville which doesnt have a lot to offer AFAIK.

If its for the New Year Im sure there will be plenty of activity about the hotel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Its not a place to go for heading out to town every night, i'd say it would be €30 in a taxi to derry.
    But its a very nice hotel, it has the salt water spa which is (maybe was) the only one in Ireland. Plus a golf course and its right on the edge of Lough Foyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Nice hotel stayed there a few months back, during the day drive into Moville or Greencastle, nice walk along the shore path towards greencastle, nice places to eat in there two. It is a bit remote but a very nice place to chill, nice spa too. Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭liamtinney

The nightclub beside it would not be the most welcoming by locals, some where i would not go,
    but the hotel is very nice and i intend to stay there for a night away in Febuary.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

Your in for a treat, 5 mins drive from Moville, great place with great scenery. Lots of places to enjoy apart from the pubs and restaraunts. Greencastle is just on down the road. The Inishowen 100 scenic drive is very good. If looking for night life, Moville would be the nearest lively spot with Derry/Buncrana or even Carn (Sat Night) are very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement