Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plaxico Burress Shoots Himself(in the leg)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Two things came into my head when i heard this-FFS and lol. He isn't the sharpest tool in the box is he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I just saw this. He's an idiot. The headline said "accidental shooting". I was thinking he was just caught in the crossfire or something. All the stuff Jerry Jones and co were talking about with Pacman Jones just keeping away from bad company came to mind.

But then it turned out he shot himself. Because he's an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Nice one Plaxico. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He has really hurt his teams chances of repeating their superbowl success now and id probably be hella pissed if i was a giants fan!

nice one plax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

TBH, with the damage that would do to an elite athlete, it's possible he'll never play agin. What a tool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Why have so many NFL players get involved in gun incidents recently:confused:

Odds on the Giants repeating lenghten. It could be anybody's this year. Well anybody who's in playoff contention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Can't imagine Tom Coughlan will tolerate this kind of behaviour, he can probably expect a one-way ticket out of New York this Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

The problem with "expecting a one way ticket out of New York" is the Giants just gave him a new deal only a few months ago.

Just saw on NASN that the Giants made a statement saying he was in a club, so the question is what was he doing in a club with a gun? You would think NFL stars would be more aware of the situations they can put themselves in but as we know thats rarely the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Sea Devils wrote: »
    The problem with "expecting a one way ticket out of New York" is the Giants just gave him a new deal only a few months ago.
    I'm sure their lawyers can find a way to void the contract of someone who shoots themelves.
    TBH, I can see Goodell giving him the same treatment as Pacman Jones, and suspending him. It's the exact same situation only he's the plank who got shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Well the lawyers will have no problem making his contract void if the rumours of up to 5 years in prison are true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

At some point Goodell is going to have to start handing out permanent expulsions from the league for this kind of thing. Explain at the owners meeting next year - if your player shoots himself or anyone else in a club, he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

I wholeheartedly agree Plax is an idiot and it's quite possible that he'll never play in a Giants uniform ever again.

However, I don't see why everyone's saying the Giants chances of winning the Super Bowl have diminished. They have proven this season and last season that carry on when they lose key players. Let me count the names...Tiki, Stray, Shockey, Osi, Plax (before this week [suspension and injury]) and Jacobs. They have plenty of capable receivers who are ready to step up and get the job done. Toomer, Smith and Hixon all did a good job today against the Redskins.

Considering all that, Plaxico's actions seem even more stupid. He may be the most talented receiver on team but if put yourself in a situation like he did the other night and there are other receivers on the team who can still get the job done, then, well, there's the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard a pro athlete do in quite a while. He's a great player but at this stage the Giants are better off without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Best way to put it
    worf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

And now Burress has been charged on 2 felony charges... What a muppet...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3736356&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fluffysierra

He's on my Fantasy team :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

You might as well cut him as his season's officially over now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80cfebf2&template=with-video&confirm=true

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fluffysierra

His career is probably over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

he's a stupid fu*ker, i mean come on, how do ya manage to shoot youself...... all fairness what was he doing with guns anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

brennaldo wrote: »
    he's a stupid fu*ker, i mean come on, how do ya manage to shoot youself...... all fairness what was he doing with guns anyway.

he is american thats what he is doing with a gun.... seriously though what way do you see this one going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement