Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 E65 Insert sim error

• 29-11-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi

As per title, I'm with 3, using an 3 nokia E65. I frequently get the error message "sim card registration failed" and "insert sim".

I have replaced the sim card twice and sent the phone to be fixed. I get about 2 months before the problem starts with each new sim. It started again last night, once the phone starts the insert sim message there is little I can do to get it working other than turn it on and off repeatedly until it decides to work again!

Has anyone else had this problem? I am also dropping calls constantly when I am in Dublin city! Not sure if this is related.

I would be really thankful for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

your phone is faulty and will need to be repaired again. the same happened to my e65 after i spilled coke on it. i sent it in to mprc and didn't say a word about the coke and they fixed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

I had the same problem with both a Meteor SIM and a 3 SIM, but did not have the problem with a SIM from my home country. I turns out that the SIM slot on the E65 is sub-standard and it seems the 3 and Meteor SIMs are slimmer than usual. I have taken a sheet of paper double the size of the SIM and folded it in half. Then I have put it on top of the SIM card and inserted both together into the SIM slot of my E65. It has worked perfectly ever since. As soon as I remove the sheet of paper, the "Insert SIM" errors start to appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Did you send it for repair through a 3 store, if so send it back through them again and ask them (nicely) if they would ask the repair company to replace the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

blaz wrote: »
    I had the same problem with both a Meteor SIM and a 3 SIM, but did not have the problem with a SIM from my home country. I turns out that the SIM slot on the E65 is sub-standard and it seems the 3 and Meteor SIMs are slimmer than usual. I have taken a sheet of paper double the size of the SIM and folded it in half. Then I have put it on top of the SIM card and inserted both together into the SIM slot of my E65. It has worked perfectly ever since. As soon as I remove the sheet of paper, the "Insert SIM" errors start to appear.

that is another possibility. has this happened since you got the phone OP? no harm sticking a piece of paper in there for a few days to see if it makes a difference

Advertisement