Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint job

Options
  • 29-11-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    I'm looking to get a couple of straches fixed up. Got a quote from one of the big bodywork places which seems pretty high. Can anyone recommend someone?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Alan_77 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking to get a couple of straches fixed up. Got a quote from one of the big bodywork places which seems pretty high. Can anyone recommend someone?
    Cheers.

Where are you? What are you getting sprayed and how much did you get quoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Alan_77

Where are you? What are you getting sprayed and how much did you get quoted?
    I'm in Dublin.

There are a few scratches on the corner of the front bumper and also just over the rear wheel (both driver's side).

I was quote EUR1200.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Alan_77 wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin.

There are a few scratches on the corner of the front bumper and also just over the rear wheel (both driver's side).

I was quote EUR1200.

What car is it? The reason it is so expense is due to the fact that you would have to spray the whole quarter panel (ie. over the rear wheels and the surrounds) until it splits off to blend the colour. But that price is way, way over priced. I'm buying a new bumper, spraying it, fixing and spraying a quarter panel (which leads up along the roof and down to the drivers wing, as there ar no breaks) for 1200. I reckon, from someone reputable, to get all that sprayed it shouldn't cost more than 600. Unless your willing to travel down this way, i can't advise any one in Dublin.

Advertisement