Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

failed nct - due to chaisis no error

Options
  • 29-11-2008 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

hi- failed my nct today. I imported my car and it seems there was a clerical error i never noticed when i registered it in ireland - there is a digit missing from my irish registration documents (its correct on uk documents so twas simply a clerical error by me when filling in forms or by the people in dept of environmnet. does anyone have experience of this and is it a hassle to sort
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Generally an Rf111 would be used to change colours etc etc on a Log book. You should be able to do the same. Here it is
    https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF111_en.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Yeah happened my old man for DOE commerical test. Went through the test two years and this year they wouldn't pass it. Had to bring in vehicle to VRT office to verify chassis number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I had this prob before OP with a customer. Best thing to do is:

Pretend you lost the VLC and get it again, or...

Do the full NCT again and your man might not notice it second time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

thanks lads
    am v annoyed about it - he could have told me come back when i sort it out and he would check its right. now i have to pay another 49 squid to put it through the test again - pointless waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

mick kk wrote: »
    thanks lads
    am v annoyed about it - he could have told me come back when i sort it out and he would check its right. now i have to pay another 49 squid to put it through the test again - pointless waste of money.

Should be a re test which is cheaper than that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement