Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Touareg

Options
  • 29-11-2008 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Really hoping someone can answer this.
    Im in the early stages of buying a VW Touareg. I have been offered a 3litre TDI for a good price and am considering buying it as the price is very good (its not dodgy).
    But I'm wondering what kind of mileage I can expect to get from a tank of diesel and how much a fill will would approx cost me.
    Currently driving a 2 litre petrol car and am weighing up the difference in price i will be paying on diesel etc.
    Many Thanks
    DJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Traumadoc wrote: »

The 3.0 isn't mentioned above, and the 2.5 is a different engine altogether. I would expect anything up to late twenties, early thirthies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

From experience, check the 4 wd system on these.
    also,Reports of electrical problems and grumbling front differentials too.Wheel alignment and transfer box problems lead to uneven rear tyre wear. My bro has one, hard on tyre wear and wheel alignment.
    There was Timing chain failure on some too. There was a recall on the parking brake mechanism, and rear seatbelt pin to its anchorage issue - get this checked and verified!
    The Touareg has a fuel tank capacity of 26.4 gallons. Thats 120.12 litres and with fuel @ 1.08€ per litre or there abouts a fill will cost circa €130 for a fill.
    You'll average 25 to 30mpg, so maybe 792 miles per tank tops!

Advertisement