Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eagles fans

• 29-11-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

What is wrong with you?

I don't mean any offense by that, I just don't get it. McNabb, he's washed up? Like he's been washed up for the last five seasons, and a choker for the last ten?

Runs too much? Doesn't run enough?

Not a big play quarterback? Tries to make too many plays?

Insane? (Okay I'll give you that one, he's crazy)

It's as if Eagles fans believe that Donovan McNabb is personally stopping the team from reaching the championship that is rightfully theirs. As if having drafted Ricky Williams in 1999 (the cause of the booing) would have stopped Brady and Manning dominating the decade. Or maybe Tim Couch or Akili Smith, the other out-of-football QBs that went in the top three that year, would have helped?

On an Eagles forum yesterday I saw somebody claim that the Eagles' 48 points against the Cardinals was down to good play by their defense.

Eagles fans: you abuse your quarterback when he does minor things wrong (such as his first incompletion against the Cards) and then pretend it was an accident when everyone else is applauding him for a great performance.

So what's the alternative?

Kolb? "The Philadelphia Eagles selected Kolb, with their first pick in the 2007 NFL Draft. The move was met with harsh criticism from fans..." - Wikipedia

Surprise, surprise.

Or maybe start a rookie next year so you can leap on his every mistake for the next ten years as well as he leads you to one of the best aggregate records in football.

As I read on a Rams forum I'm on, in reply to a thread about McNabb: "I would trade my family for him to come play for us."

You are the weirdest people in football, Eagles fans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I just can't wait to see what they have to say when they don't have a QB of the calibre of McNabb .... in, oh, about 5 games from now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

They're well known to love a good boo, in fact its one of the characteristics of their fans.

If this had happened this time last year odds on he would be at the Bears right now, but i don't see them taking them plunge on him now with Orton a solid and younger QB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd say the Vikes would give us good value for him, if we traded him. But the problem is Reid, not McNabb. We drafted Kolb high, so I dont see why we should give him a proper chance.We're not going to get into the playoffs this year, so I think we should just play Kolb from now on.Trade McNabb at the end of the season, get rid of Reid now, and even if we lose the rest of our games with Kolb, we'll have a good draft pick. We should be able to get a 1st rounder for McNabb so trade up to get Crabtree, and pick up Pettigrew, the tight end aswell, giving Kolb some big receiving targets along with Desean Jackson and Kevin Curtis.

Upgrade our o-line with our 2nd and 3rd round picks, and get a power back later in the draft and we're sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

While not holly his fault, he's been very erratic and with his jnuries I think it's time the eagles cut their losses. The fact he expect to get $10m roster bonus next year should just make the decision a bit easier. There's no way anyone gives up a first rounder for Mcnabb. I wouldnt even give up a high 2nd rounder for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

its not just eagles fans its fans of philadelphia franchises
    eagles, phillies, flyers-not happy unless there moaning.

eagles fans calling for mcnabbs head should remember back
    to the 'glory days 'after randall cunningham got boo'd
    out of town!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The City of Philadelphia has seen two riots due to failures in sports. They are passionate about their teams I will give them that but moany ass fooks. I went to Philadelphia one year during Superbowl Weekend to take in the atmosphere of the Eagles fans as they played the Pats. I was probably the only Pats fan in the whole of Philadelphia the other ones probably got out in good time :D

But standing in the bar listen to their silly moans even back then it was madness. They were still giving out about McNabb and even TO as they were playing in the Soupbowl in front of them. And I wouldnt mind TO and McNabb were the main reason the Eagles got there in the first place. Madness I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Hey they once booed Santa Claus:D

Personally Philly fans are being too harsh on Mcnabb. Lets not forget it wasn't too long ago he took them to NFC Championship games and a Superbowl mostly with mediocre Receiving talent. I don't think Kevin Kolb is close to being a adequate replacement for Mcnabb so it's amusing seeing Eagles fan berate him.

MCNabb has also had conistent roster issues to look at. Lets look at the Receivers. Bar Terrell Owens he's had to throw to Todd Pinkston or Freddie Mitchell neither of which really made big plays or were the sort of Receivers that made things happen and drawed double teams. Deshaun Jackson looks really good but not yet is he Braylon Edwards or Steve Smith calliber.

Issues with the Running game and the O-line being injured haven't helped matters either as well playing in a tough NFC East division which is usually in the top 3 toughest divisions and that makes it harder to get consistent success. If they were in the NFC West we would be seeing Philly in the playoffs every season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I can't agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bandage

I take the OP's point but I was really close to losing the rag with McNabb during that farcical 13-13 tie game with Cincinatti lately. He simply couldn't get anything going against a really poor team. Fair enough, he was excellent on Thursday night but it's the fluctuating levels of performance and sheer inconsistency that's frustrating this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bandage wrote: »
    I take the OP's point but I was really close to losing the rag with McNabb during that farcical 13-13 tie game with Cincinatti lately. He simply couldn't get anything going against a really poor team. Fair enough, he was excellent on Thursday night but it's the fluctuating levels of performance and sheer inconsistency that's frustrating this season.

the fact he came out and said he didnt realise it was possible to have a tie was amazing aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

Eagles fans are a strange breed. In the old Veterans Stadium, things got so bad with all the rowdy fans that they set up a court room to deal with all the cases of public drunkeness, fights, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Firstly, I have never had a problem with 5, I've been an Eagles since 1999 and McNabb and Reid are the only QB/head coach paring I know.

But there is one thing that does annoy me about the guy and that he is very injury prone and as he has been injured in some shape or form for the past few seasons, it stops the team building momentum IMO.

And the comments about mcnabb not having WR's is right, but that is AR and the Front office's problem and a problem they seem hellbent on ignoring. And when your QB and head coach both come out and say they didn't know a game could end in a tie. WTF ?

The imbalance from Reid and his stubborn attitude to throwing the ball over 70% of the time is hurting the team, as we have one of the best RB's in the league yet he only gets a few touches a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

But there is one thing that does annoy me about the guy and that he is very injury prone and as he has been injured in some shape or form for the past few seasons, it stops the team building momentum IMO.
    See, that's just perfectly summed up Karluss's point. What a pr!ck McNabb is for getting injured. I mean, it's not like he's got 300lb guys running at him every play in the freezing cold :rolleyes:

Incidentally, he gets booed when he's fit, not so much when he's injured. Do you guys save up the venom when he's injured and wait for him to be fit before letting it all out, or something?

I've said it already, but I'll say it again. I can't wait to see what Eagles fans say when they don't have one of the best current QB's on their team. Save some booing for 2009 guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

davyjose wrote: »
    See, that's just perfectly summed up Karluss's point. What a pr!ck McNabb is for getting injured. I mean, it's not like he's got 300lb guys running at him every play in the freezing cold :rolleyes:

Incidentally, he gets booed when he's fit, not so much when he's injured. Do you guys save up the venom when he's injured and wait for him to be fit before letting it all out, or something?

I've said it already, but I'll say it again. I can't wait to see what Eagles fans say when they don't have one of the best current QB's on their team. Save some booing for 2009 guys.

But he is injury prone. I'm not saying something that is untrue. I've had fans of other teams moke me and call McNabb the "Glassman." No we don't save up our venom, but the whole situation or Andy Reid and the Front Office and certain players are not performing consistantly and that is why they boo. McNabb should take responsibility for his part in the team not doing well.

I hope that McNabb is in Philly next year I really do. It's Andy Reid that should be told to F off, and go back to california or where ever he would go.

Advertisement